Cнapтer 25

(Ana'ѕ POV)

Aprιl 24, 2016

"Love ιѕ a ғoυr leттer word тнaт вrιngѕ joy and нappιneѕѕ. Нaтe ιѕ a ғoυr leттer word тнaт вrιngѕ paιn and anger. Don'т conғυѕe тнe тwo, love ιѕ ѕтronger." -ELҒ

__________________

I couldn't believe this guy said this to me. I glared at him and stood up, lifting my shirt to show him the scar on my waist.

"I didn't do this to myself. I didn't plan on anything!" I growled. He looked at the scar, like he never knew it existed, and swirled around to look at Jazzy and Marcus.

Marcus had shock in his eyes, while Jazzy just smirked to herself. The jury was silent, but I could see the shock in their eyes.

"No further questions, your honor." The snooty lawyer spat.

"Very well, we will take a short recess for your next witness, Ms. Bouregaurd, to be prepped. You have fifteen minutes." The judge ordered, slamming the hammer thing down. I was taken from the room, and back into the conference room.

Kathrine looked shocked. "Ana! I am so sorry, nobody told me about your scar, and I never thought that he would go that far!" She whispered with an ashen face. I just nodded. My family ran in and Thomas and Ethan pulled me into a hug.

"Are you okay?" Thomas asked, breathing deeply.

"Yeah, he just shocked me." I answered with a low voice.

Mum pet my head like a dog, making me look up at her like she was crazy. She smiled sheepishly. The next witness came in, it was the first police officer on the scene, and the one who accompanied me to the hospital, Deputy Carson Miles.

He nodded at me as my family and I made our way out and around to the courtroom. Audience section. Sitting down, I leaned my head against Thomas's shoulder. The judge came in and called everyone to order. The jury took their seats and Deputy Miles was called in.

He swore his oath and sat down. "Deputy Miles, it says in the reports that you were the first officer on the crime scene, correct?" Kathrine asked.

"Yes ma'am." He answered.

"Sir, how did you come across the knowledge that Ana was at that warehouse?"

"About ten minutes before, I got call on my radio asking for all units to head to the warehouse because it was said that Ana was there."

"Was your Sheriff tipped off about this?"

"I wouldn't exactly say tipped, because usually a tip is when the person hangs up after calling. You see, a young boy had called us saying that his brother and him were at the warehouse and had found Ana."

"Why did you believe him?"

"I believed him because one of our leads led us to that area, and it made logical sense."

"When you arrived on scene, could you tell me what you saw?" Kathrine asked.

Deputy Miles cleared his throat. "There was a young boy with a phone, shaking. My partner ran to him while I ran downstairs. I found an open door with Ms. Lars inside. She was hanging from the ceiling with a young lad trying to help her. She was covered in blood and unconscious. She actually had a knife still in her body."

Kathrine shuddered slightly. "No further questions."

The snobby lawyer walked up. "Mr. Miles, when you were at the scene, did anything seem strange to you?"