Cнapтer 20

(Ana's POV)

December 22, 2015

"True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen." -Francois de La Rochefoucauld

____________________

"Is she awake?"

"Shhhh, she's coming to."

Why are people so loud? The surrounds around me pulled me from my dream, quite rudely. I opened my eyes and quickly shut them. When I opened them again, I smiled. My friends and family were here, with party hats? Wha-

"Happy Birthday To You, Happy Birthday To You, Happy Birthday dear Ana, happy birthday to you!" They sang. It's my birthday? Hey, now I'm 18, an adult!

I smiled as Mum rounded the bed. "Thanks guys!" I spoke! After a week in the hospital, I was almost back to normal. I missed lots of school and photoshoots and filming, but everyone is understanding, they know what happened.

I looked up at everyone's smiling faces, and noticed Gigi and Emma among them. "Gigi? Emma?" I questioned, worried they were still mad.

They walked over. "I'm sorry Ana, I was being stupid." Emma admitted, hugging me.

"I missed you so much!" Gigi gushed, hugging me. I giggled and smiled.

"I missed you guys too. What have I missed?" I asked, sitting up.

"Well, everyone thinks you are visiting family in England. Teachers know the truth though... Oh, and the trial is going to be in April, around Prom time." Emma winced.

I groaned silently. They were pleading not guilty, but at least they didn't get bail! I shook the thought from my head and scanned the room. Yeah, I can be found guilty of looking for him. He saved my life, again, and I am grateful. I highly doubt that he's he- "Looking for me?"

I brought my eyes to the person standing near the gift table. Josh. I blushed and looked away, feeling childish. He walked over to me.

"I'm glad you're feeling better. Happy Birthday." He said, giving me a small box wrapped up. "Please, open it when I'm not here." He said, rubbing the back of his head. I nodded and looked at it curiously before putting it next to me.

"Thanks Josh, for everything. If you hadn't found me-" Josh covered my mouth with his hand and looked at me sternly.

"That's not important. You are here, I found you. That's all that you should be thinking about." He declared, rocking back on his heels.

"Okay, but thanks." He just smiled.

"Guess what baby!" Mum interrupted, running over to me with a smile.

"What?" I asked.

"You get to come home today!" That was awesome news. I hugged mum and laughed happily. A wheelchair was rolled in. I stood up and looked at my clothes distastefully.

"Can I get changed before we leave?" I asked.

"Certainly! Speaking of clothes, I got you some." Mum said, shoving a bag into my hands.

I rolled my eyes and she helped me into the bathroom. I changed carefully, being careful not to pull any stitches or hurt myself. When I was finished, I wore skinny jeans and a cute jumper. I smiled at my reflection. I had gained a lot of my weight back, and actually looked healthy.

I took a deep breath. I still felt unstable, and wanted to hide in my room, never coming out. Like when I was a child and mum would tuck me in at night and I would feel safe. Like when Allison would- KNOCK KNOCK.