Chapter 13: But I always -

Enjoy Reading :)

Astrid

A sweet aroma coming from Thor knows where, woke me up. I rubbeb my eyes groggily before pulling myself up together in a sitting position. I looked around and checked on my surroundings only to realize that Stormfly was no longer by my side. I became alrmed and started calling her name immediately walking around the cavern not bothering to foldmy blanket leaving it crumpled on the floor.

"Stormfly, girl, where are you?" There was no sqawk or any kind of respond heard. My heart started beating rapidly. What if Viggo and the Dragon Hunters got her again? But the gang didn't even know this place so how could the hunters? Then again, Stormfly would never left my side without any reason. And if she does, she'll wake me up or something. She wouldn't leave me alone worrying. Plus, I would easily recognize that her presence was gone. I'm a light sleeper after all. I am easily woken up by silent footsteps approaching me.

Think Astrid. Think.

That's it. The scent!

I followed where the alluring scent was coming from thinking that Stormfly might have gone attracted by the smell. I walked farther and deeper into the cave. The scent was coming from one one of the inner entrances-the cave was actually larger than we thought. After a couple of days of staying here, we found out that there are other entrances insinde tha cave that can lead us to the heart of it- and I walked in cautiously.

I noticed a mop of auburn hair popping from the corner. "Hiccup? Is that you?" I questioned.

"Good morning young lady. Sleep well?" He asked giving me his famous smile. It took me a few seconds to answer. I was a bit dizzy last night and right now I'm still kind of is but I guess it was all because of exhaustion and stress. The feeling will leave soon... hopefully. "Yeah." I finally replied.

"Hiccup, have you seen Stormfly? I've been looking for her all over the place and I couldn't find her. How did you get in here by the way? I thought you spend you're night at your hut with Toothless?"

"Don't worry about Stormfly. She's been here all morning with Toothless somewhere in here. Wanna see?"

"Sure." I said as he showed me the full view of the hidden part of the cave.

"Toothless and I came here before dusk. We found you asleep but Stormfly noticed our presence and she decided to join us when I started cooking." He explained as we walk further. He was carrying some pile chopped woods and logs he picked up from the corner where I found him. He definitely got stronger by the years. He was still Hiccup - the lanky, tenacious boy who trained a night fury - but he was growing up. He got more goodlooking and started acquiring some faint muscles that wasn't really obvious but his strength proved it. I tried offering my help earlier but he wouldn't accept. He said I have just woken up and hadn't eaten anything and that he didn't want me to be tired early in the morning even though it's just two hours before lunch.

Realization hit me. I woke up late. I never woke up late. How could this happen. I'm not that exhausted. I've been more tired than this and I didn't slept this long. Plus, why didn't I woke up when Hiccup and Toothless entered the cave. I should have been able to acknowledge their presence. I would have. Nothing gets past me. Nothing has ever made me sleep that long so why now?

My thoughts were interrupted when we stopped in the middle. He dropped the woods he was carrying. "This is center part of the cave." He gestured his hands around and my eyes roamed at the place. It has an unfinished cabin with a nearby stable and some furnitures - chais, tables, bed - set aside on one corner.

"Did you make all these?" I asked forgetting what was I thinking the moment before we stopped walking. My eyes were fixated on the sight of the furniture. The details were just... amazing. The carvings. The designs. It looked expensive yet classy.

"Did you do all these?" I asked still in awe.

"Yeah, I just thought that you know, maybe you're uncomfortable sleeping on the cold and hard ground so instead of doing that every single night that I built us a small cabin where we can stay. Don't worry, it has two separate rooms. But I guess I was wrong seeing how you sleep like Gobber which was quite surprising. You didn't even notice the noise I was making when I was doing the last touches." He explained rubbing the back of his neck.

I was quite shock when he said that I didn't even notice im workin on here. Also the fact that he said I slept like Gobber. Gobber didn't even flinch if the whole Village of Berk was being attacked by a Monstrohs Nightmare. The slightest sound always jolt my senses up so how come I didn't respond to the noise? How come I didn't heard it? I'm always alert of any unecessary noise. More reason for me to get confused and leave me wondering. I guess tiredness really did got me this time.

"Do you like it? What's wrong?" Hiccup asked noticing my thinking-about-something look.

"Nothing's wrong. I like everything you've done. It's amazing. You're amazing Hiccup Haddock." I smiled at him.

I spotted Toothless and Stormfly playing near the thing where Hiccup was cooking. I know because that was where the delicious scent was coming from.

"Wanna eat?" He asked.

"Yeah." I answered. Maybe eating will take away my dizziness and so as my tiredness.

Hiccup

Astrid and I ate at our hideout. I was shocked by her behavior especially when Toothless and I arrived. She didn't move from her sleeping position. It was not new because I approached her other times and she didn't wake up but this time I made noises since I was building furnitures and cabins and stables. Even if I'm far from where she's sleeping, she would have been waken from her sleep. I know she would. I've known her long enough for me to know of her actions.

But then again, I'm glad I didn't wake her up on her sleep. She looked so peaceful, relax, and calm. I wouldn't want to ruin the only time when she could escape from worries of the real world. Knowing Astrid, she always worrues about everything. Even if our fight with the Dragon Hunters has come to a short break, she still talks to me about defenses and plans on how we could attack them.

We didn't really bother showing our faces to Viggo after we retrieved the Dragon Eye. We're still trying to figure out why he's so in to the device. It's also helpful that he didn't bother attacking the edge for the past few weeks but knowing Viggo, even just for a short period of time, he will be planning something to get the Dragon Eye back.

But how? What plan would he make? What should be our next step? Whatever it is, we will be ready Viggo. As soon as the poison was converted into a much less painful poison by the plant, we will have our own powerful weapon, besides our dragons, to defeat him but right now, I'm going to enjoy my late breakfast with the girl that I love.

Thank you for reading this and I hope you liked it. Thank you guys for reading/commenting/following/voting/adding this story to your reading lists.

The next update will be unsure since our Periodical Examination is on its way but I will update as soon as I can because my goal is to update more frequently than I usually do. By the way guys, I am glad to inform you that our class won 1st Place in the competition I was talking about that we wanted to win so badly.

So that's it. What do you think?

Good night everyone :)