Chapter 7: Suspicions

Three weeks have passed since Astrid agreed to do Hiccup a favor or more like agreed to Hiccup do her a favor. Ever since that day they made that agreement, they became even closer to each other... not that they're not already close enough.

Hiccup and Astrid were currently in their "hideout" observing the plant. It has grown a few inches but still tiny. Despite that, it was still a good thing knowing that the sooner the plant grows, the sooner they will finish the mission and all their dragons will be save.

"Do you have the poison?" Hiccup asked.

"Yeah." Astrid said and grabbed the said bottle of liquid from her small pouch that was attached to her skirt.

"Okay, remember, one drop only." Hiccup reminded.

"I know, Mr. Bossy." She replied as she pour a single drop of the substance to the said plant. Once she's done, she immediately sealed the bottle and placed it right back in her small pouch.

"Whew! Glad that was over." Hiccup said as he walked towards Toothless who was near the campfire beside Stormfly. Astrid followed her best human friend towards their two dragon friends.

"We just need to be a little more patient girl, then this will be done." Astrid said to Stormfly, followed by a yawn loud enough for the four of them to hear.

"Tired?" Hiccup quetioned.

"Hmm." She hummed.

Hiccup opened Toothless' saddle bag and brought out two blanlets. He gently placed them on the floor before gesturing for Astrid to sit.

The blonde accepted the offer and settled down beside Hiccup bringing another two blankets with her from Stormfly's saddle bag. The two talked for a while before dozing off to sleep.

They have been like this for the pass three weeks. Fetching each other from their houses, flying together, Hiccup giving Astrid some drawing lessons, Astrid giving him fighting lessons and last but not the least sharing blankets. Hiccup's was used as their bed while Astrid's serves as their blankets.

They are also used to waking up cuddling each other but none of them ever talk about it. They just shrug it all out like nothing depends on it.

"Morning!" Hiccup greeted.

"Morning!" Astrid did the same.

They folded their blankets, greeted their dragons, and checked on the plant.

"Wanna go take a morning flight?" Hiccup asked.

"Sure, race you there!" Astrid shouted before quickly signalling Stormfly to swim under the lake to be able to go outside and running as fast as she could towards the exit.

"You are so on Hofferson." Hiccup said before gesturing Toothless to swim out and sprinting outside ready for their little competition.

*****************

"Hiccup? Hiccup are you there?" Fishlegs called for the millionth time that morning.

"Why is he not answering?" He asked himself quietly. "Maybe Astrid knows where he is." He thought and walked towards the nearest hut to Hiccup. On his way there he bumped into someone.

"Aw!" They both said at the same time.

"Heather?" The guy with the gronkle questioned as he continue to rub his head.

"Fishlegs?" Heather said unsure.

"What are you doing here?" They asked it unison.