Chapter 32 - Good God, Y'All!

Leaning against the door jam of the hospital room across from Sam, my eyes are focused on the older man who sits in his wheelchair. He stares sullenly out the window like he's done for the past few days. Ever since he found out he's lost the use of his legs, he's shut down and barely spoken. I can't help but feel for him, knowing this must be extremely difficult to go through.

I hear footsteps coming our way and I glance over to see Dean walk over, coming to a stop and putting his arm around my waist. He looks into the room and takes in Bobby, "What, it's been like three days now? We ought to cheer him up, maybe we should give him a back rub."

"Dean..." Sam says.

"What then?" Dean asks and Sam sighs, "Look, we might have to wrap our heads around the idea that Bobby might not just bounce back this time."

He looks towards Bobby, his joking attitude disappeared. I glance down and notice a large yellow envelope in his hand, "What's that?"

He looks down at it and unwraps his arm from around my waist and begins to pull something out, "Went down to Radiology, got some glamour shots... Let's just say the doctors are baffled."

I take it off of him and hold the X-ray up to the light, revealing Dean's ribcage. On it are hundreds of Enochian symbols that are carved right into the bone.

"Holy crap." Sam gasps, his eyes widening.

"Yeah, well Cass carved both of you one too." Dean murmurs.

My phone begins to ring from my pocket and I hand the X-ray to Sam for him to examine closer and I pick it up and answer it, "Hello?"

"Addison." A voice answers and I furrow my eyebrows, "Castiel?"

"Where are you?" He asks, straight to the point.

"St. Martin's Hospital. Why, what are you-" I begin but instead a dial tone greets me.

I pull my phone away from my ear and look at it confused before hanging up and taking in the equally confused looks of the brothers. I hear footsteps coming from behind and I turn to see Castiel make his way towards us.

"Cell phone Cas? Since when do Angels need to reach out and touch someone?" Dean asks as he comes to stop beside us.

"You're hidden from Angels now. All Angels. I won't be able to simply-" Castiel begins when a booming voice comes from within the hospital room, "Enough foreplay. Get over here and lay your damn hands on."

Bobby turns and looks towards the Angel, "Get healing. Now."

"I can't." Castiel admits, much to the shock of everyone in the room.

"Say again?" Bobby asks, turning the chair to look at him.

"I'm cut off from heaven, much of heavens power." He says, walking towards Bobby, "Certain things I can do, certain things I can't."

"You're telling me you lost your mojo just in time to get me stuck in this trap the rest of my life." Bobby hisses, his eyes containing fury.

"I'm sorry." Castiel says and Bobby glares at him, "Shove it up your ass."

"Well at least he's talking now." Dean murmurs in my ear and Bobby calls out, "I heard that."

Castiel looks at him for a moment before turning back to us, "I don't have much time. We need to talk."

"Okay." Dean nods and Castiel begins, "Your plan to kill Lucifer-"

"Yeah, you wanna help?" Dean asks and Cas gives him a look, "No, it's foolish. It can't be done."