Chapter 9 - Devil's Trap

"Meg?" Sam asks and Dean nods his head. Sam's jaw tightens up, "What'd she say?"

"I just told you Sammy." Dean snaps, completely shaken.

He reaches up and runs his hand over his face as he thinks, "Okay."

He grabs the Colt off of the bedside table and begins to walk over towards the duffel bags, "What're you doing?" I ask.

"We gotta go." He says, walking over to the bed and placing it down to pack.

"Why?" Sam asks, following after him and I grab my duffel, following his lead.

"The demon knows we're in Salvation. It knows we've got the Colt. It's got Dad, it's probably coming for us." Dean states.

"Good, we've got three bullets left. Let it come." Sam challenges.

"Listen tough guy, we're not ready. We don't know how many of them are out there. Now we're no good to anybody dead. We're leaving now." Dean says in finality.

We quickly pack up the hotel, Sam following along rather reluctantly and we get into the car, driving away from Salvation. Dean drives rather recklessly and I know it's because he's scared, though he wouldn't admit it. We pull out onto the old highway and drive along with fear in our hearts.

"I'm telling you, we could've taken them." Sam mutters from the front seat.

"What we need is a plan. Now they're probably keeping Dad alive. We just gotta figure out where. They'll wanna trade him for the gun." Dean theorises.

Sam gives a small shake of his head, disagreeing, "Dean, if that were true why didn't Meg mention a trade...? Dad, he might be-"

I cut him off, "Don't."

"Look, I don't wanna believe it any more than you, but if he is, all the more reason to kill this damn thing. We still have the Colt, we can still finish the job." He argues with me.

"Screw the job Sam!" Dean yells.

"Dean, I'm just trying to do what he'd want. He would want us to keep going." He says.

"Quit talking about him like he's dead already. Listen to me, everything stops until he gets back. Do you understand me? Everything." He says, his word final.

Sam waits for a moment before he speaks again, "So how do we find him?"

"Maybe we go to Lincoln. Start at the warehouse where he was taken." Dean suggests.

"Come on Dean, you really think these demons are gonna leave a trail?" Sam asks.

I nod my head, "He's right, we need help. And I know just where to go."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We drive through the entry way to junk yard, cars piled up in organised stacks. We drive in between them until we reach the old, weathered house situated in the middle of the junkyard. An old pick up is parked out the front, with a big dog laying asleep on the hood. We climb out of the car and I look around for a moment, it being a long time since I last came here.

"Let's go." Dean says, leading us to the front door.

We climb the steps, the dog not even moving an inch. Dean knocks on the door and we wait anxiously for an answer. Footsteps approach and soon the door opens up, the old eyes taking in the three of us.