Chapter 2 - Asylum

"No, Dad was in California last we heard from him. We just thought he comes to you for munitions, maybe you'd seen him in the last few weeks." Sam says down the phone and the twin bed next to mine.

I lay back on the bed as I listen to him desperately search for his father. It's hard, to know that I know exactly a where he is and I can't tell them. I see his shoulders slump, "Call us if you hear anything, thanks." He says before hanging up the phone.

"Caleb hasn't heard from him?" Dean asks from his spot by the dining table, flicking through John's journal for clues.

"Nope. Neither had Jefferson or Pastor Jim. You heard anything?" Sam asks, turning to me.

I shake my head, "No, none of my contacts have seen him. What about the journal? Any leads there?" I ask Dean as I roll onto my side.

"No, same last time I looked. Nothing I can make out. I love the guy, but I swear he writes like friggin' Yoda." He mutters with a smile.

"Maybe we should call the Feds. File a missing persons." Sam suggests and I shake my head, "No way, John would be pissed if we put the Feds on him."

"I don't care anymore." Sam says and I hear a phone go off from the dresser.

Dean places the journal down and gets to his feet as Sam continues, "After all that happened back in Kansas... I mean he should have been there Dean. You said so yourself. You tried to call him and nothing." He says and I feel a wave of guilt come over me.

"I know." Dean says, searching through his clothes, "Where the hell is my cellphone?"

"You know, he could be dead for all we know." Sam points out.

"Don't say that! He's not dead!" Dean says, turning to his brother, "He's- He's-"

"He's what? Hiding? Busy?" Sam argues as Dean looks at his phone.

"I don't believe it." Dean says with a smile.

"What?" I ask, turning to him.

"It's a- a text message. It's coordinates." Dean says before getting to his feet and walking over to the laptop.

He fires it up and begins to type as Sam speaks, "You think Dad's texting us?"

"He's given us coordinates before." Dean states.

"The man can barely work a toaster, Dean." He argues.

"Sam, this is good news. It means he's okay. Or alive, at least." Dean says, hope in his voice.

"Was there a number on the caller I.D.?" He asks and Dean shakes his head, "No, it says unknown."

"Where do the coordinates point?" I ask, leaning up on my elbows.

"That's the interesting part. Rockford, Illinois." He explains.

"Okay and that's interesting how?" Sam asks.

"I checked the local Rockford paper, look at this." Dean says, turning the computer for us to see.

I get up off the bed and walk over to look at the article as he speaks, "This cop, Walter Kelly, he comes home from his shift, shoots his wife, then puts the gun in his mouth, blows his brains out. Earlier that night, Kelly and his partner responded to a call at Roosevelt Asylum."