Chapter 24 - It's The Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester

"Now, how many razor blades did they find?" Sam asks the distraught woman as we stand in the kitchen where her late husband died.

"Two on the floor, one in his stomach... And one was stuck in his throat. He swallowed four of them. How is that even possible?" She asks in disbelief.

I hear a noise from across the room and turn to see Dean opening up the oven, inspecting the inside. The woman looks at him confused, "The candy was never in the oven."

He shuts it and looks at her, "We just have to be thorough Mrs Wallace."

"Did the police find razors in the rest of the candy?" I ask, drawing her attention back.

"No. I mean, I don't know. I don't think so. I just... I can't believe it. You hear urban legends about this stuff, but it actually happens?" She whispers.

"More than you might imagine." Sam says.

Dean makes a movement that causes my attention and I see him holding up a hex bag. He quickly tucks it away in his pocket and I clear my throat, turning back to the woman, "Mrs Wallace, did Luke have any enemies?"

"Enemies?" She repeats.

"Anyone who might've held a grudge against him?" Sam questions.

"What do you mean?" She asks, her tone accusing.

"Coworkers, neighbours... Maybe a woman?" Sam suggests.

"Are you suggestions an affair?" She gasps, looking at him with wide eyes.

"Is it possible?" He presses.

"No! No, Luke would never..." She trails off and Sam gives her an apologetic look, "I'm very sorry, we just have to cover all possibilities."

"If someone wanted to kill my husband, don't you think they'd find a better way than a razor in a piece of candy he might eat?" She asks incredulously.

Dean gives him a look and I give her an apologetic look, "Thank you for your time Mrs Wallace."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hearing the sound of the door to the hotel open up, I quickly wash my hands before making my way out. Dean sits down on the arm of the lounge next to Sam who begins to show him what was in the hex bag, "Goldthread. An herb that's been extinct for 200 years." He says, holding up the cutting.

He places it down before picking up the next object, "And this is Celtic, and I don't mean some New-Age knockoff. It looks like the real deal, like 600 years old real."

Dean picks up something and sniffs it, drawing Sam's attention, "And that is the charred metacarpal bone of a newborn baby."

"Gross." Dean hisses, tossing it back on the pile and wiping his hand.

"Relax man, it's at least a hundred years old." Sam says, picking it up and examining it.

"Oh right, like that makes it any better. Witches man, so frigging skeevy." Dean sneers.

"Yeah, well a pretty powerful one to put a bag like this together." I murmur, looking at the contents on the table.

"More juice then we've ever dealt with, that's for sure." Sam murmurs, looking up at me before turning to Dean, "What about you, find anything on the victim?"