Chapter Twelve: My 20 Questions

The bus dropped me off at the street corner a little after four thirty. I set my bag down in the living room and walked into the kitchen for a snack. After grabbing a granola bar, I headed to my room to work on an essay due next week for science. It had to be done on space, which I was very fond of.

I finished the paper and read it over. A grin formed on my face. This would definitely get me an A! I looked over at my alarm clock that sat on my desk. The blue lines formed the time, which was six forty-five. ‘Well crap!’ I thought. ‘I’m supposed to be at the motel at seven.’

I jumped up from my seat and quickly pulled my hair back into a somewhat nice looking pony tail. Taking the stairs two at a time, I reached the bottom and grabbed Becka’s car keys from the rack. ‘She’ll kill me for this…’ I thought as I jogged out to the car. The sky was dark and gray-ish. It looked like there was going to be a storm coming on.

The car pulled into the motel parking lot at seven eighteen. I jogged over to room number 5 and knocked on the door. It opened after the third knock to reveal a smiling Dean.

“You’re late, you know that?” he said, stepping aside so that I could come in.

“Well hello to you too, Winchester,” I said. Looking around the room, I saw no sign of the youngest Winchester brother. “Where’s Sam?”

“He went over to a friend’s house a little while ago, but he’ll be back later.”

I nodded and sat down on the couch in front of the television. For a motel room, it was pretty nice. There was a bedroom area with two beds, a door on the far wall that I assumed le to another part of the room, a bathroom off to the side, a miniature kitchen area, plus the living room area with a couch and large television. The couch was actually really comfortable too.

Dean sat next to me and grabbed the remote. He turned on the television and the screen displayed the movie menu for Ella Enchanted. I couldn’t help but laugh a little.

“What are you laughing about?” Dean asked, turning to look at me.

“The fact that you have Ella Enchanted on DVD.”

“Alright, look here, Kimberley,” he said, pointing the remote at me. “First of all, the movie is Sammy’s, he likes this kinda stuff. And second, why would it be funny for me to own it? It’s an awesome movie!”

“That it is, but it just wouldn’t fit with your image.”

“What image?”

I rolled my eyes. “You know, your whole attitude. Bad ass, mixed with jerk, mixed with rocker. That sort of thing.”

He laughed and grinned. “So you think I’m a bad ass rocker dude?”

“Don’t forget the jerk part!”

“I’m not a jerk! I’m a nice guy. Who happens to sometimes anger people with my actions and choice of words.”

“So, in simpler terms, a jerk.”

“Oh shut up,” he said, pressing the play button.

The movie started and I kick off my shoes, sitting cross legged on the couch. A few minutes in to the movie, Dean got up and went to the kitchen area to make some popcorn. He brought it to the couch and set it in the middle. I thanked him and ate a few pieces before giving my full attention back to the movie.

If you’ve never seen Ella Enchanted, you probably don’t understand how awesome it is. It’s all about a girl named Ella who had a spell cast on her by her fairy godmother. The spell detailed that she had to be completely obedient. If a person told her to do something, she had to do it, no matter how bad the order was. Her mother died and her father remarried a vile woman with two daughters who were both obsessed with a handsome prince named Charmont. Ella goes on a quest to find her fairy godmother and break the spell put on her, and along the way she meets some new fiends that help her out and change her life, one important friend being the ever famous Prince Charmont.