Chapter Five: That Only Happens In The Movies

Ah, Monday. It came quite too soon, in my opinion. That Saturday with Dean was actually a lot more fun than I had thought it would be, but now that’s all over and it’s back to class for me. I slumped down in my chair and worked on the homework sheet. I had a feeling that today would be boring.

Dean sat down next to me and yawned, shrugging off his jacket.

“Morning, Kim.”

“Morning, Winchester. How was your weekend?” I asked blandly, not looking up from my paper.

“Besides going to the movies, it was pretty boring. My dad was out. Sammy and I were holed up with nothing to do but watch TV.”

“That stinks,” I said, drumming my pencil lightly on my desk. There was one problem that I was stuck on. “Can I borrow your calculator?”

“Sure.” He finished it out of his backpack and handed it over to me.

                I muttered a thanks before opening it and putting the equation in. The answer was simpler than I had originally thought. I replaced the cover on the calculator and put it back onto his desk. Dean sighed and turned so he was facing me, staring at me until I looked up.

                “What?”

                “You’re just really weird.” I sighed and put my pencil down.

                “Not this again. What is making me weird this time?”

                “You would rather do math work than talk to me.”

                “You’re full of yourself, you know that?” He put a hand to his chest in mock hurt, but then cracked a grin.

                “Well, I think I’m adorable.”

                “You are so not adorable.”

                He smirked and turned to face the blackboard when Mrs. Higbee started today’s lesson. I rolled my eyes and finished up the math sheet, doodling on the margins of it.

                The class dragged on for a while, as did science. As for lunch, that was fine. I mean, hey, there’s food. What could make it better? After lunch was history, which is the only other class that I have with Mr. Winchester. I walked to the classroom in no rush, since it was right down the hall from the lunch room. I took my seat in the back and dropped my bag on the ground, resting my head on the cool, wood desk. I only picked it up when class started.

                The teacher announced that we would be doing a project for the next couple weeks. He also told us that we should partner up. Dean immediately looked back at me and raised an eyebrow, asking to be my partner. I shook my head and mouthed ‘no way’ back to him. His eyebrows furrowed and he looked back to the front while the teacher started explaining what the project would be on. We were to create a detailed map of an ancient civilization and write summaries of things that happened in at least seven places in the civilization. ‘This won’t be too hard,’ I thought.

                When the teacher told us to get up and choose a partner, Dean made his way to my desk. I sighed and looked up at him.

“Come on, let’s be partners!” He said.

“No,” I said flatly.

“Why not?” He whined.

“Because you don’t seem to be someone who will take this seriously, and I’ll just end up doing all the work for the project.”

“Aw, give me a chance! Please?”

I frowned and thought about it for a minute. I was planning on asked the teacher if I could just do it alone, so I guessed I would have ended up doing all the work anyway. So, having someone who may or may not do the work wouldn’t really affect me too much, I concluded. Sighing, I nodded.

“Fine, Winchester. Let’s be partners.” He smiled broadly and I couldn’t help but smile back a little.

We sat at the desks and began making a plan for what we would do. We chose to make a map of ancient Rome. Dean seemed to know a lot about it. Despite my earlier doubts, I had a feeling that this would actually turn out to be a great project. I sketched out a rough map of Rome with the seven laces we chose to write summaries about marked in red. The bell rang shortly after, so I packed up my stuff and headed to English.

At the end of the school day, I was happy to be out. As per usual, the bus wasn’t there, so I made a beeline to the bench. Sam was already there when I sat down.

“Hey, Sam. How was your Monday?”

“Eh,” he said, shrugging. “Boring I guess. How about yours?”

“Same old, same old. How’d that whole thing with the bully blow over?”

“Fine, actually. He just kinda ignores me now, which is a good thing.” I smiled.

“Good! I'm glad you stood up to him. It's a hard thing to do."

We talked for a little longer about odds and ends and everything in between until my bus pulled up. I gave him a mock salute, which he returned, and climbed aboard the horrifically orangey-yellowy colored vehicle. I made it about half way down the aisle until I tripped over a backpack. I quickly caught my balance and heard someone apologized I looked up to see a guy from one of my classes. I vaguely remembered him, but from which class I couldn't recall. His name was Ryan, Ryan something or another. When I looked at him to say it’s fine, I saw something you only see in the movies. I could have sworn, for a split second, that he had black eyes. Like, they were completely jet black. But that couldn't be right. I mean, that doesn't just happen, right?

I hurried to my seat next to Hazel and caught my breath. ‘It was just the light, or my imagination,’ I told myself. Hazel smiled at me, completely oblivious to hat just happened or the fact that I was very distraught. She started talking to me about one of the Doctor Who specials. Not lng after we started talking, I calmed down and began to forget about that guy’s eyes. ‘I only imagined it,’ I reasoned. ‘Black eyes and creepy things like that are only in movies. They don't happen in real life. That just isn't possible. Those kinds of things aren’t real.’

Boy was I wrong. 

______________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hope you enjoy this chapter! So, this Ryan guy is a demon. (pretty polite for a demon, eh?) What do you think will happen? Dramatic stuff, probably. I also added a picture of Kim on the side, no real reason. But yeah, it's there, that's her. Anywho, See you tomorrow when I update! 

Until next time~