Chapter Eleven: Prince Charmont, or Prince Dean?

The next day, I went back to school, as did Dean. Math went just like it usually did. I did my homework, Dean didn’t do anything, and we talked for a good portion of it. Everything seemed to be normal. And everything was, until I got to science.

I plopped down into my usual seat and pulled out my sketchbook so I could draw. My pencil glided over the page easily. I drew without direction, no idea of what would be the finished outcome. Someone sat down in the seat next to me, but I didn’t look up to figure out whom it was. I assumed it was Alyssa. That is, until they spoke to me.

“Whatcha drawing?” a deep male voice asked.

I looked up to see the boy from the bus. The one I imagined had black eyes. Ryan, I thought his name was. Ryan something or another.

“Um, I don’t really know. Just drawing for the sake of drawing,” I responded rather quickly. I didn’t have a reason to not like him besides the whole eye thing I imagined. Plus, I didn’t like meeting new people. A real setback for my social skills. But I can’t help it; new people and new friends aren’t my thing. It also takes a while for me to put my guard down once they are my friends. Most people lose interest before it’s down, anyway.

“Well, it looks pretty good so far,” he said, scooting closer to me. I instinctively scooted away, but it didn’t seem like he got the message.

“I’m Ryan, by the way. Ryan Chamberlain.” He held out his hand for me to shake. I shook his hand and introduced myself.

“I’m Kimberley Blackwood.”

“Nice to meet you, Kimberley,” he said. And again, I swore that his eyes flashed black after he blinked. Did I imagine that again? I couldn’t have. It’s impossible, after all. Right?

He stood up, saying he had better get to his seat before the bell rang. Alyssa walked in and sat down seconds after Ryan moved.  

“Who was that? He’s cute!”

“Ryan. His name is Ryan,” I said quietly.

I briefly heard her start to babble about guys and her boy of the week before I tuned her out to focus on my own thoughts. ‘His eyes couldn’t have really been black. I’m just going crazy, that’s all. Wouldn’t be the first time I imagined something stupid like that. Just a few days ago, I had convinced myself that I saw Hazel’s eyes turn black. It’s absurd! Just absurd!’

When the bell rang, I took my time gathering my stuff before leaving the classroom. My stomach growled loudly. I was on the way to the lunch room when someone blocked my path. My stomach lurched when I saw Ryan in front of me.

 “Can I help you?” I asked.

“Yeah, I have a question. Are you and that Dean Winchester guy an item?”

I just blinked for a few seconds. What? “No, we’re just friends.”

“Really? So he wouldn’t mind if I did this?” Before I could even blink, he pulled me closer to him by my waist. I squirmed around and looked about the hallway for someone to help me, but it was empty. That’s what I get for taking my time with my stuff.

“Please let go of me,” I said, my voice higher than usual.

“How about answering my question? Would he mind?” he said, leaning down even closer to me. For a second, I was afraid he would kiss me. I kept squirming around to try and release myself from his grip. Then I heard a voice that I knew very well, and relief washed over me.

“Is there a problem here?” Dean asked, coming down the hall. He strode over where we were standing. His features were hard and edgy. If looks could kill, Ryan would be dead a thousand times over.

“Nope, no problem here. Just having a little chat,” Ryan said. His grip momentarily slackened and I slipped out, scrambling over to where Dean stood. Dean grabbed my hand and led me towards the lunch room.

“See you around, Kimberley,” Ryan said as we walked away. I looked over my shoulder, only to see him smirking, his eyes clouded over by black. I started thinking that maybe I wasn’t just imagining those dark eyes.

Once we were down the hall and far enough away from Ryan, Dean stopped and turned to look at me.

“Are you okay? Did he do anything to you?”

“I’m fine. But I would have been fine without your help,” I stated. He scoffed.

“I see that the score currently stands at chivalry one, gratitude zero,” he said as we started walking again.

“Dean, quoting Ella Enchanted, really?  And of all the characters to quote, you chose Prince Charmont?” He grinned and I broke out into a smile.

“Oh come on, it was perfect for the situation!”

“You’re right, it was. But you are so not a Prince Char.”

He put a hand over his heart in mock hurt. “And why not? I think I’m the spitting image of Char!”

I laughed and shook my head. “I don’t think so. Prince Char is nice and handsome and funny, and doesn’t have an ego the size of Asia.” He laughed.

“My ego isn’t that big. And I’m nice, funny, and handsome! So you’re argument is invalid.”

I rolled my eyes and pushed through the doors to the lunch room.

“We should watch that sometime. Ella Enchanted, I mean.” I nodded in agreement as we went through the lunch line.

“Yeah, alright. Sounds like a plan.”

We ate lunch as usual at our table. When the lunch bell rang, we walked to history talking animatedly and laughing. Class was easy and boring for the most part. After that, the rest of the day was even more boring. Before my final class, Dean and I agreed to hang out at the motel and watch Ella Enchanted that night.

After my last class, I went outside to find Sam on our usual bench. We talked for a bit and I told him I was coming over later. Soon enough, my bus arrived and I climbed aboard. I had to pass by Ryan and his smirk on my way to my seat, which made me nauseous. I sat down next to Hazel and sighed.

“Boy have I had a long day.”

_____________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Hope you liked this chapter! The ending feels a bit rushed, but I think that the rest of it is alright. So, what do you think will happen with Ryan? And what about the next chapter, where they'll watch the movie? We shall have to wait and see. 

As for the title, it was kind of a spur of the moment thing. Kinda stupid now that I think about it, but I'm keeping it as is. One last thing, I was wondering if you guys would like any chapters from different points of view, like from Dean's point of view or something. Let me know in the comments!

Until next time!~