12: Fading

Clem's POV
I flop on the bed. I'm really bored. There's nothing I do except sleep and fight with Kenny. I need some sort of hobby.

I get up from the bed and look in the closet. There has to be something in there. And I was right.

There's a basketball. 

I never really was into sports, except soccer. But I didn't really like it that much. Maybe I could dribble it around, it's something to do.

I bounce it once to see if anyone replies. No one does.

Thump, thump.

I hear that sound for a couple minutes. Until it hits my shoe.

It bounces away and I leap for the ball.

Rip

Instant pain hits my shoulder. I feel blood dripping on my now open wound.

"Ow!" I screech loudly, clutching my shoulder. 

I hear running come to the door. It opens wide with Luke rushing in.

"What happened?" Luke worriedly asks.

"I...my...my stitches ripped!" I say as quietly I can, which isn't very quiet.

"Shit! Bonnie!" Luke yells. "Clem's stitches ripped!"

"Bring her to the couch!" Bonnie yells from the other room.

Luke leads me to to the couch in the living room. Bonnie unzips my jacket and takes it off. She gently moves my shirt where my wound is and removes my bandage.

"Ow." I welp in pain.

"It's gonna hurt a little bit, Clem." Mike says.

"No. It's gonna hurt like hell." I say in gritted teeth.

"Well, you are right." Mike says, chuckling.

Luke glares at him, which makes him stop.

"Well, you only ripped one stitch. So this will be quick to fix." Bonnie says.

Without warning Bonnie pierces my skin with the needle. My bite my tongue hard to avoid screaming.

After a painful minute, she wraps my shoulder back up. "It's all done, city mouse. You should rest before getting up again. We don't want you to rip it again."

I nod and slowly put on my jacket. 

"Wait. Where's Kenny?" I ask, zipping my jacket up.

"He said he went for a walk. He's been gone for a while now." Mike says, looking at the door.

"We should go looking for him. He might be in trouble." I say, getting up.

"Not in your condition. Mike and I can go look for him." Luke says.

Mike hands the baby to Bonnie. "He said he was going somewhere near the church."

"Well, let's go!" Luke says, opening the door.

Luke walks out the door with Mike following.

"Do you think they'll be okay?" I ask Bonnie.

"They're strong. I think they will." She replies faithfully.

"Yeah. I hope they do."

***

Kenny's POV

I sit against the outside wall of the house. God, I need to control my temper. I can't keep on blowing up like that. I'm working on it, but it's hard.