5: Racoon Shit

This book is 473 in Adventure! I know it's not like having it 1st in Adventure, but hey, I never had a book have a number in anything! I just want to say thank you to all of you because you're the best. Okay, onto the story!

Clem's POV

When I get back to Parker's Run, I see Kenny and Rebecca by the entrance.

"I'm not supposed to be in labor yet, Kenny." Rebecca says, hunched over on the stone arch. "What if something's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. Babies know how to be born." Kenny says.

"Clementine!" Rebecca says.

"What'd you find?" Kenny asks.

"The building around back has an observation deck." I say.

"Somewhere the baby can be safer? It's coming faster then I thought." Rebecca says.

"It's high up, so it should be safe from the walkers." I say.

"Sounds good. As soon as Mike and Bonnie are back we'll go." Kenny says.

"Hey, Clem." Rebecca says. "Glad you made back safe from the observation deck. I was worried about you."

It warms my heart to see Rebecca caring about me. When I first met her, she hated me and I hated her. I didn't know we would get this close.

"I was worried about you, too. How are you feeling?" I ask.

"Scared. And it hurts." Rebecca says. "I just wish Alvin was here."

"Alvin was a good man. He was nice to me, and always looked out for everyone." I say.

"That man had one of the biggest hearts of anybody I've ever met. I should've told him that more often. I know it's a waste of time, but I can't stop thinking about the things I should've said to him. Things I should've talked to him about. How am I gonna do this myself?" 

"We'll all help you keep the baby safe." I say.

"Oh, yeah? You're a good kid, Clementine. I'm glad you're gonna be there to watch out for this baby."

Rebecca smile turns into a pained expression as she grabs her stomach. "Ugh, oh shit."

Kenny gets up and gets next to Rebecca. "I got this. We ain't seen Mike or Bonnie in a while. And I'm not saying I don't trust 'em. But I'd appreciate it if you went and checked on them." 

"Yeah, go ahead. I'll be fine." 

I turn to Kenny. "Are you okay, Kenny?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

I turn to go find Mike and Bonnie. I see Sarah hugging her knees against a wall as I leave. Poor girl.

***

I see dead walkers and graves as I walk. When I get inside the memorial, I see Mike and Bonnie searching. 

"Clementine!" Mike says.

"Clem! We thought you were dead!" Bonnie says, wrapping me in a hug.

"No, I'm okay." I say, letting go of the hug. "Jane's trying to get the place we found ready for Rebecca."

"Well, that's good." Bonnie says.

"Just gimme like ten more minutes to search around." Mike says.

"He doesn't want to go back empty handed." Bonnie says.

"What? I just want to help." Mike says.

Mike and Bonnie go back to searching and I start to look around.