7: I'm Sorry

Clem's POV

Call for Lee

"Lee!" I cry out my my lasts words. "Lee, I'm so sorry. I failed you, I'm gonna die."

I keep kicking the walker but he won't let go. I'm gonna get the same fate as Sarah.

I close my eyes for the walkers to chew me to pieces, but it doesn't happen. I open my eyes to see the walkers being shot by Bonnie, including the one holding onto my leg.

I climb up the wood planks and get pulled up by Jane.

"Come on, Clem." Jane says, pulling me up.

"You okay, Clem." Bonnie asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I tell her.

"They're climbing up!" Jane yells.

"Does this shit ever end?!" Luke yells.

"We gotta destroy the rest of the deck." I say, trying to be calm after what just happened.

"She's right, she's right. Drop the whole deck!" Luke yells.

"Drop the... are you fucking crazy?" Mike yells.

"How are we gonna do that?" Bonnie asks.

"I don't know, just look around!" Luke says, trying to break down the wood planks.

I go over and try to break the support cable with my axe.

"Ain't gonna work! It's too thick!" Bonnie says.

I look at the support plate, which holds the whole deck up.

"Crap." I say, seeing that it's too high for me to reach. "Look!" I call for the others.

"That'll work. We bust that, the whole deck comes down." Luke says.

"Boost me." I tell Mike.

Mike boosts me onto his shoulders and I start to break the support plate.

"Hurry!" Luke yells.

"Move it!" Jane yells.

"Come on!" Mike yells.

"I'm going as fast as I can!" I yell, hitting it one more time, making the deck collapse.

"Watch it!" Luke yells.

"Son of a bitch!" Mike yells.

It goes silent. Almost too silent. Rebecca isn't screaming nor is there any baby cries.

"Oh...oh no." Bonnie cries.

I walk over to see a lifeless baby in Kenny's arms and a crying Rebecca. After all this, the baby just dies.

"Is it..." I start.

The baby starts coughing and cries. It's alive!

We all smile and walk in.

***

I wake up to see Rebecca holding the baby. It's a boy, and he's very cute.

"Hey, Clementine." Rebecca says, noticing that I woke up.

"Hey. How's he doing?" I ask.

"He's perfect." Rebecca smiles. "Who's a perfect little man? Who's the most perfect little man in the whole world? You are! That's right. You are."

"He looks like Alvin." I say.

"You think so?" She asks.

"Definitely."