All At Once

It has been three years since Whitney had been kidnapped and the detectives have no new leads on the case. Whitney and Michael have a beautiful baby boy named Jayden Charles Jackson and he was born on April 6, 2015. They are working on a song together called “Something In Common” featured on both of their albums. Since they were almost finished with the lyrics, they wanted to run through the song to see what else they should add.

“Are you ready?” Babyface asked Whitney.

“I’m always ready.” She laughed.

Whitney put on her headphones and began to sing. “Now I'm the type of girl who understands my man. I'll be strong when he's weak, I will hold his hand. Now I believe old fashioned rules and old fashioned ways courtesy, honesty, like in the old days. You're my man and I'm your girl. There's nothing better in this whole wide world. I'll stand by your side till the very end. All in all, best of love, we are friends!”

Whitney came out of the studio once she saw Michael trying to calm down Jayden. He was six months old and it was almost time for his nap. Michael got his bottle out of his diaper bag and tried to feed him, but he refused and cried even louder. As soon as Whitney picked him up, he calmed down and after five minutes of rocking him, he fell asleep. Babyface laughed at Michael because he looked annoyed.

“You know babies always want their mother.” Babyface said and patted him on the back.

“I know but he's a crybaby. I’m his parent too.” He said and put him back in his car seat.

After they wrote a few more verses, they went home. It was around seven and Jayden had woke back up. Michael grabbed him out of his crib and tried to look for his pacifier but couldn’t find it. He was still screaming and Whitney came in seconds later with his pacifier and bottle.

“Try this Michael.” She said and gave him the blue pacifier.

“Here little man.” He said and put it in  his mouth.

He stopped crying and they all went into the living room so that he could play with his toys. Whitney went in the kitchen to cook them dinner and Michael kept an eye on Jayden. Michael was flicking through the channels for almost two minutes and put on what he always watched.

Michael turned on the news channel. “Breaking News: Bobby Brown dies at 27. He was pronounced dead at 7:04 p.m and police have not released any new information. “Brown started his career as one of the frontmen in the R&B and pop group, New Edition. Starting a solo career, he became a hit success with his second album in 1988, “Don’t Be Cruel”. Bobby Brown has recently been in a relationship with America’s Sweetheart, Whitney Houston.”

Before they said anything else, Michael quickly changed the channel. Whitney walked in and snatched the remote from his hand. She turned it back to the news and they were still talking about the death of Bobby Brown. She held her hand to her mouth and didn’t say a word. Michael tried to give her a hug but she violently refused and stormed upstairs. Twenty minutes later, her phone started to blow up with a bunch of calls.

“Whitney, are you okay?” Michael said and knocked on the door.

Since she didn’t answer, he opened the door. She was sitting on the side of the bed and had a box of tissues beside her. Once Michael got closer she cried loudly and he hugged her. Jayden crawled up the steps and into his parents room. He was still playing with his toys but eventually began to cry himself to sleep and Whitney did the same. While they were asleep, Michael went out to pick up his sister Janet. When they got back to the house, Whitney was on the couch drinking a smoothie. Jayden was beside her playing in her hair.

“Hey, Whitney.” Janet said and gave her a hug.

“Hey.” She said with no emotion.

“Are you ok?” Janet said and sat beside her.

“I'm fine, I just don't know how this could happen. He was suppose to go on tour next week.” She said and picked up Jayden.

“It's alright. I promise.” Janet confirmed.

Whitney got herself together and sat down with Janet and Michael in the kitchen. They discussed their albums and Janet’s upcoming performance at the Super Bowl. Janet had just finished her seventh album and was already in the studio working on her eighth album. Michael began to talk but was interrupted by Whitney’s phone.

She sighed and answered the phone. “Hello?”

“I know you've heard about Bobby’s death. Right?” An unfamiliar voice said.

“I know, I know. Who are you?” Whitney asked and looked at Michael and Janet staring at her.

“I'm your kidnapper and his killer.”The caller said and abruptly hung up.