Chapter 28: Forever

Delphi's POV

It's safe to say not many from our pack were severely injured. Though, a warrior wolf named Theodore nurtured quite a deep wound in him lower back, puncturing a small part of his left kidney. The pack doctor reassured us that he will be back on his feet in no time.
His mate, Annie, is a beautiful young woman. I spoke to her, offering my apologies. She didn't accept any, claiming it to be their job to protect me, their Luna.

Many others harboured the same feelings, not caring for their own lives. As for the chosen few who fought beside us from the neighbouring pack, their scenario wasn't quite as pleasant. Taylor got into serious confidentiality breach issue and Caleb got shot in his left thigh. On his rescue mission, another one of his warrior went through a lot of pain.

The guilt of hurting members of another pack rested on my shoulders.
I had gone and spoken to each and every one of them, hoping to reduce their agony but I don't think that is enough. No amount of words from a stranger can heal a physical wound you got saving them.

There was a different kind of pride in standing beside Sylvester and being the pack's Luna. They all looked at me in a perceptive I hadn't noticed before, admiration.

The Hoodlums still exist, searching for their new leader. You see, evil will always be there, you can only over power it with goodness but it'll never be gone.

Vince and Merlyn are effectively in our captivity and will be for the offence the committed.
I dare not say I expected Merlyn to turn out this way, but Vince, I had a little trust in him. His betrayal was unnaturally hurtful.

It's difficult for me to wrap my head around the idea that he did it, and still believed it to be a good reason.
I travelled a lot in the past few hours, going to and fro between two packs and the dungeons.

Sylvester thought to was irrelevant and uncharacteristic for a Luna to enter the dungeons and even travel so much after such a strenuous day.
But, as I am known to defy his commands I went ahead and did the needed.

"Hey, what are you thinking about?" Sylvester asked wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.
There was a certain comfort in being in his arms which made me forget all the worries of the world.

When I saw him instead a gun as I opened my eyes again, I trusted him to know that I'll be alright. That he'll make it alright.

"Vince." I muttered out.
"Not the answer I expected, but why?" He spoke to lighten up my mood.

"I can't believe he did that, to an extent he tried to kill me. If he hadn't liked me, why was it so easy for me to think he did?" I shook my head as several underground insecurities burst through my thoughts.

"People are pushed to many limits, Delphi. At his state he thought his actions were right to prove to his late mate that he cared for her, deeply and is remorseful for not saving her from the devils of life. He did wrong, for which he'll be rightfully punished but none of his decisions were provoked by you."

I took in Sylvester's words and saw sense in them. He is right.
"It's been so dramatic these past few days." I said, turning to bury my face into his chest.

"So it has." He replied, smoothening my hair with his palm.
"I have to deal with a few things, I'll see you in a while, okay?" I nodded my head to his words, not liking the sound of them.

He looked at me one more time and left, going to attend to his duties.
Tired from the past days event I thought it better to retire for the day.
I entered the room to find it lit by candles. All of them scattered around the corners, together making a great effect. Enough to light up the room but not cause a fire hazard.

I could smell a mouthwatering aroma coming from the room but quite quickly someone caught my attention.
"What is this?" I asked to a startled Sylvester, he didn't expect my arrival. He was still lighting the last set of candles and had had his back towards me.

"Dinner." He stated simply, his face breaking into a grin as he pointed at the side table.
There were different kinds of food lined up with a Pepsi resting beside the tray.

He motioned for me to join him as he got under the covers.
"Dinner in bed?" I asked, excited.
"Oh, no. Dinner and movies in bed." He had a smug look on his face as he pulled the remote out and played a movie.

"Wow, I love you so much." I stated, kissing him. Simple things mean so much to a person, in this extravagant world filled with money hungry people we forget what really matters -the little things.

I snuggled up beside him as the movie chattered on, I couldn't focus on the flashing pictures before me as I stared at the only constant with me.

The food was delicious and made the perfect complement to the cozy environment.

"Delphi, don't leave me ever again, okay?" Sylvester said in all seriousness. I looked into his grey eyes and saw the strong Alpha exterior crumbling into a petrified man holding on to his last piece of life.

"Never." I sealed my promise with a kiss. I separated from him ever so slightly as he pulled me to himself again.

The credits rolled on as he hovered over me. His skin shining lightly under the candle light. He brushed a strand of my hair off my forehead as he placed a soft kiss there, savouring the moment.

He planted small kisses all over my face, as if he was praising every feature.

Our lips finally met again and though we've kissed several times, it's beautiful every time. His lips still curve with mine the same way they had the first time. His large hands roamed the lengths of my body, looking for new destinations.

I buried my hands in his hair, massaging his head slightly and heard him moan against my lips.
He moved to my neck, and upon reaching my mark, the pad of his tongue swipped across the tender skin and as he did so pleasure coursed through my body.

"Sylvester," I moaned, encouraging him to go further.

And in that moment I knew it'll be the perfect night.

The perfect everything.

"You'll have to skip work if I take you right now." He spoke with a smirk decorating his face.

"I don't care."

***********
Yes, this is indeed the last chapter. Tada! *Sniffs* *cries*
I'll miss moi babies :'(
Though, hang on guys, Epilogue coming up!
Check out my other book Beta Mate. It's better than She Doesn't Care for sure.
Until next time.
Love,
Rojesta💜