Chapter 38

***Harry's P.O.V.*** (hang on, this is going to be a long chapter)

After last nights kiss, which you have no idea how much I enjoyed that, I had expected Elizabeth to stay as far away from me as she could. However, it was quite the opposite. Maybe it was only because we had been watching movies in her room all day and the only comfortable place to sit was her bed. Or perhaps, and this is a big perhaps, she enjoyed that kiss just as much as I did. One thing was for sure; I wasn't really paying attention to the movie, but rather letting my imagination run wild. All the possibilities of her liking me played out in my head all ending in us getting back together and I would find myself smiling after each one. But then I remembered that it wasn't real.

She seemed a bit more into the movies, making small comments here and there that would momentarily pull me from my thoughts and make me laugh. To my surprise, she was burrowed under my arms in a sort of cuddling manner. It's not like I minded though, it just made my heart beat more rapid than usual. It almost felt as if we were back together again and nothing had ever happened between us. It felt nice. Extremely nice.

''Eliza!'' her mum called to us as we were watching 'Hulk'. Apparently, Alex and her used to watch it all the time when they were younger. She had been telling me a whole bunch of her childhood stories all day.

''Yes, mum?'' Elizabeth called back and I smiled as I realized that we were starting to rub off on her a little bit.

''Someone's here to see you.''

I glanced at her and she shrugged, removing herself from my side to go downstairs. I heard some mumbling and then the front door closed. Elizabeth came back upstairs shortly after with a slightly panicked look on her face. ''Harry, I have a problem,'' she told me seriously.

I raised an eyebrow at her panicky expression before asking, ''what's the problem?''

''Darren is here,'' she replied and I sat up more on the bed in surprise.

''The pastor's son?'' I tried to clarify.

She nodded, ''my mum invited him to stay for dinner when he showed up and she just left to go get the stuff to make it.''

''Why'd she do that?'' I wondered, ''invite him over, I mean, not the part about going shopping.''

Elizabeth sighed and I had a feeling I knew what she was going to say, ''I never told my parents that he cheated on me.''

''Why not?!'' I wondered in surprise. I mean, cheating on someone is huge, then again what I did was huge and she still didn't tell them about that.

''Because it happened a week after my sister died,'' she explained, ''they didn't need to find out while they were grieving.''

As soon as she explained I felt as if I wanted to rip this guys head off. He didn't just cheat on her, no, he cheated on her after her sister died. Who would do something so horrible? ''What can I do?'' I wondered, wanting to help get him out of the house as soon as possible.

''I know this might be a weird thing to ask for, but could you pretend to be my boyfriend so he wont try to ask me out again? You don't have to do anything touchy feely, just be there so that he wont do it, you know?'' she proposed. A wide smile stretched onto my lips and she gave me a hopeful look as my anger seemed to slowly seep away. She had no idea that I wouldn't treat this like a fake relationship at all; I would relish this all.

''Yeah,'' I answered plainly before grabbing her hand and pulling her towards the door. Just the mere touch sent joy bouncing through my body, and my smile must've been a mile long by now. When we reached the bottom of the stairs I saw Darren and I wasn't very surprised. He had blond hair, brown eyes, and he was a little less muscular than me. Ha.