Chapter 22

So, how'd you like the last chapter? I think you'll like this one better. I have allergies, anyone else? They're really annoying especially when sneezing unnerves me. I'd like to think that I'm a generally nice person yet every time someone sneezes repeatedly in front of me I kind of just want to yell at them. I don't though. Anyways, I'm being mean: onwards to the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Harry's P.O.V.***

Elizabeth wasn't kissing me back. That was the only thing running through my mind as my eyebrows knit together. I was trying to focus on all the details that I would have to hold onto if this was just being enjoyed by me. She smelled like peppermint and a little bit of my cologne; probably because she had accidently sprayed herself with it when I was showing her things in my room. Her lips had been slightly parted due to her talking before I kissed her and I could taste the lingering strawberry taste from when she had been chewing gum earlier. I had brought my hand up to her cheek when I had first kissed her, my thumb running over her cheek slightly. But all those details just washed away into nothingness when I didn't feel her lips move with mine.

I cursed inside of my head as I realized that I might just have ruined her first kiss completely. How could I be so stupid? It's obvious that she thought that we were just friends and she wasn't interested in this. My heart cracked a little as I pulled away from her, almost as if I had been burned. It felt like I had. ''I-I'm sorry,'' I started, ''I shouldn't have-.''

I was interrupted this time as her lips gently pressed to mine. My eyes widened before quickly closing, but the kiss ended just as soon as it started. When she pulled away she was still looking down at my lips, as if she didn't even believe her actions. I looked at her eyes even though they weren't focused on mine and I heard her laughed slightly. ''Don't apologize, it means that you regret doing it,'' she whispered almost inaudibly and I had to lean in to hear her better.

My heart leapt with joy as I heard her words and I was actually able to process what she had just done. She kissed me. The joy bouncing through my whole body made a smile spread across my face and I leaned in the rest of the way, closing the space in between us again. One of my hands cupped her cheek as the other wrapped securely around her waist and I pulled her off of the bar stool. Her arms wrapped around my neck and my smile grew as her hands found my curls. She tugged on them gently, probably without knowing, and I moaned slightly.

She pulled away quickly, ''sorry, I didn't mean to tug on them.''

I shook my head, ''no, it felt good.'' I went to kiss her again- I could really do that all day- but she pulled back and I regarded her with question.

''What are we doing?'' she questioned and I cocked my head at her.

''We were kissing,'' I replied and she smiled slightly.

''No, I mean, why?''

I leaned forward and kissed her cheek softly, watching as a light blush spread across her face. ''Well, I don't know about you, but I like to kiss the person I fancy,'' I whispered.

''Fancy?'' she wondered.

I rested my forehead on her, enjoying the heat as her breath fanned over my face. It felt nice, and right now I just wanted to be as close to her as possible. ''The person I like,'' I clarified and her cheeks reddened even more.

''Really?''

''Yep,'' I said before nervously adding, ''I've liked you for a while but I'm a wimp and I thought that you wouldn't feel the same.''

Her nose brushed mine lightly and she giggled a little, ''I thought the same thing.''

''Looks like we had nothing to worry about,'' I chuckled before interlocking our lips again. She responded almost immediately though she was hesitant in doing anything probably because this was her first time kissing someone. I smiled into the kiss as I remembered that I was kissing her, not some other guy; not Niall, but me. And I was her first kiss.

''Somebody to love!'' an obnoxious slurring voice called from the front door as it slammed shut. Elizabeth and I pulled away to look at a drunken Louis who was wide eyed as he looked at us. He looked down at his wrist watch and then at me with a wide smile. ''Lizzy,'' Louis slurred as he came and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pointing her towards me, ''this boy, right here, is absolutely in love with you.''

''Louis,'' I whined, ''she already knows.''

''Oh,'' Louis drawled and I shook my head at him.

''Why don't you go talk to Carson, Louis?'' I instructed and he smiled giddily as he literally skipped off. I turned towards Elizabeth and she giggled before I pulled her towards the living room. ''Wanna watch a film?'' I asked her and she nodded as I sat on the couch, pulling her onto my lap. There was no better feeling than knowing that it was all out in the air now. ''So, Elizabeth,'' I started and she looked at me, waiting expectantly for me to finish, ''would you be my girlfriend?''

''Of course,'' she answered as she sat back and I wrapped my arms around her waist.

I smiled and kissed her cheek, ''great.'' Well, maybe hearing that was a better feeling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, not my best work, but I really have to go to bed so I have to finish it here. I will update again on next Friday. See you then! :)

-cow_queen