I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 21]

Chapter 21 - Truth

I woke up staring at the ceiling. I tried hard to remember what I dreamed about . . . nothing. I dreamed about nothing. It actually worked! I can't believe it. I really went to bed and didn't have any bad dreams. It was so peaceful why do I have to get up for school. I sighed and rolled out of bed. What a pain.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My week was basically like a normal one. Jordan or Nile never mentioned the kiss. I haven't seen Ben in school at all and Shelby isn't mad at me. I have actually been answering her calls. Nick texted me and said his wedding was going to be on Christmas Day. That's not far away its four months away and they have a lot of work to do. Nick said that Autumn will be picking out my dress. I actually have a normal girl picking out my dress. That is such a big difference than Nick. No offence to him.

Dinners in the dining room were normal. I go, I leave, and then go to my room. It's actually been a very normal, normal week. Ever since I came here I've either been bit or kidnapped or have had bad dreams. None of that this week. Nothing. Well, except for maybe tonight . . .

I sat on my couch flipping through the channels on the TV. Today is Friday. It's 6 and tonight is when we are suppose to have the meeting. Nile told me to stay in my room. He said he'll come in get me when the meeting starts. I'm nervous. Nile said there are other vampires coming. What kind of vampires? Nice ones? Mean ones? Ones that just want to suck out a humans blood when they see you? Jordan won't tell me what it's about and Nile said he doesn't know but I think he actually does. He just doesn't want to tell me or he just isn't allowed to.

I heard the door open and looked over.

"Let's go." Nile said.

I shut the TV off and went out in the hall with him. We walked to the dining room where I heard a lot of voices. When I got in there, there must have been at least 15 more vampires in the room. They all wore dark clothing but had light hair. They had dark eyes like the butler had before. You could see the evil in their eyes. I have a feeling they aren't good vampires. They all jerked their heads over as soon as I walked in. One vampire caught my eye. Ben . . . Ben was in the crowd of the vampires. What is he doing here? I moved close to Nile so I wouldn't be grabbed on either side of me.

"Kiara."

I looked over. Jordan stood by the table. That's where we walked to.

"Those are the head vampires." Jordan said looking over to them then back at me. "They call themselves The Crusaders."

"Why are they here?" I asked.

"You."

"Me?"

"Yes. Looks like they found about you staying here. They are here to discuss it."

"I thought I was allowed to be here though."

"Actually, a human is not suppose to know about vampires. Now that you know . . . well we'll see what happens."

"I'm not going to die am I?" I said slowly.

Jordan shook his head. "That's not going to happen."

"Are we ready sir?" Someone said and ended up next to me. I jumped a little because I didn't know they were there.

"Yes, we are ready." Jordan said.

"Very well." He went away.

"Take your seat Kiara." Jordan said.

I took my seat where I usually sit at the table every night. All the vampires that were in dark clothing sat on one side and all the people who lived in the house sat on the side I sat on and some were standing. I was getting nervous. What did they want from me?