I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 6]

Chapter 6 - Nice Vampire

I was still frozen in fright from the spot of blood on the floor. The red color looked fresh like something just happened. I set the bags down lightly in front of the door way trying not to make a sound. Jordan said Richard was a good guy but why is there blood on the ground.

I tip-toed over to the living room following the blooded spots. I turned the corner. No one was in the living room. The blooded spots led to the computer room. I walked over to the room slowly. My breathing was getting heavier and I felt like I was going to pass out because I wasn't getting enough air.

"Ow" I heard Nick say.

Was Richard hurting him in there? What's going on? I ran in the computer room.

"Stop!" I screamed loudly.

"Kiara?" Nick said sitting in a chair with his left arm held out and his pant leg rolled up on his right leg.

Richard had bandages in his hand and some peroxide on the desk. He was wrapping his arm up.

"Kiara what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Nick asked.

I shook my head. "I thought something bad happened to you." I said bawling.

"Aw, come here." He said.

I went over to him and squatted down. He put his right arm around me hugging me.

"Nothing happened. I just fell down the stairs. I cut myself on my arms and legs." Nick said and kissed the top of my head like I was little girl. "I'm fine."

I felt stupid before this and now I just feel like a plain moron. Richard looked at me and knew exactly what I thought happened. He knew I was thinking that he had hurt Nick. Is it normal to think that? Was I too harsh?

"I'm not going to leave you, okay?" He said and let go of me.

I really do feel like a kid. Having an older guy hug me saying everything is going to be alright.

"Don't worry" Richard said. "Dr. Richard is making him all better."

"She's not a kid moron." Nick said kidding.

Richard and Nick laughed together. I was wrong. Richard is a nice guy and I'm not going to blame anything on him again. I should have taken Jordan's word when he said he won't hurt humans.

"After I patch up this guy here why don't we go out for dinner?" Richard said.

"Yeah, that sounds fine. Right?" Nick said looking at me.

"Yeah." I said.

It was about 5 o'clock so it was almost time for dinner. I was at the store for a couple of hours. Yes I know that is a long time but I didn't want to come back to a place with a vampire. But Richard, Richard seems more like a human to me. He patches up Nick's wounds even though he's bleeding. He must be like Jordan and can control himself.

I stood up remembering I left the door wide open with the bags still there.

"I'm going to put the groceries away." I said stuffy from bawling.

"Okay." Nick said.

I went to the door and moved all the bags to the kitchen and shut the door. I knew exactly where everything went because I came over here when my dad worked with him. Nick started working with my dad 3 years ago. They were really close together. My mom and dad have already left me on this earth alone. I don't want Nick to do the same.

When I got to the last bag to put stuff away Richard and Nick came into the kitchen. I saw Nick limp on his leg. It must have hurt falling down wooden stairs. Richard went up stairs and got a wet cloth. He had to clean up the blood that was on the floor from Nick. Wouldn't it be torture for a vampire to clean up blood? The smell of it would drive them insane, right? Well not for Richard. He cleaned up all the spots on the floor.