I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 22]

Chapter 22 - Questions

I sat in shock for a little bit. 

"Kiara, did you want to -." Nick said as I heard him come up the stairs.  

I quickly folded up the two pieces of paper and put them in my pocket.  

He opened the door. "What are you doing?" He asked changing the subject. 

I looked over at the papers that were spread out across the floor. 

"Nothing." I said looking back at him. 

"Whatever. Did you want to go shopping later today? You were going to get rid of the boxes right?" 

"Yeah." 

"Alright, but you don't have any stuff for your room so we'll go later."  

"Okay." 

He cocked his head. "You alright?" 

"Yeah fine." 

"Okay." He left the room and shut the door behind him.  

I took the two pieces of paper out and looked at them again. I was positive that my father killed my mother. If she was murdered the day after my father went to the hospital for two holes in his neck then I am positive that he was turned into a vampire and slaughtered my mom. Why do you think he came home late every day? Because he was trying to hide the pain from trying not to kill me. Is that why he got two jobs? To keep him busy. How does Jordan know my dad? How did they meet? Is that why I was put there? Because my dad turned into a vampire and he met Jordan. What's going on? Maybe . . . maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this is all wrong.  

I don't really want to do this but. I took my phone out and went down my contact list. I pressed send and put the phone to my ear. It rang and the more it rang the more agony I was in. I have to find out the truth even if it means talking to Jordan. I haven't talked to him since Friday . . . It's been a whole weekend and he hasn't tried calling or texting me. Neither has Nile.  

The phone stopped ringing.  

"Is there something wrong?" I heard Jordan asked concerned. 

My heart froze in fear and I forced myself to say something. "I want to know the truth about my father. Did he . . . turn into a vampire?" As soon as I started talking I kept asking more questions. "How do you know him? What happened to him? Did - ." 

"Can we talk in person?" He asked interrupting me. 

I didn't see that one coming.  

"I'll tell you everything." He said. "Every question you have I'll answer." 

"Where do you want me to meet you?" I asked. 

"Outside." 

"Outside?" I repeated confused. 

"I'm out in the front. Come take a walk with me."  

"I'll be out in a second." 

"K." He hung up the phone. 

I put my phone in my pocket and went down stairs. Do you think Nick will let me take a walk without being suspicious? I said I was going to take care of the boxes but now I'm going for a walk . . . I went down stairs and Nick wasn't in the kitchen or in the living room. He must be in the computer room. I went in the computer room and he sat in the chair typing something up. 

"Hey Nick, I'm going to take a walk." I said. 

"A walk?" He said while he stopped typing. "I thought you were going to take care of those boxes."