Chapter 4

It took me a great courage to jump into water without any protective equipments but then I remembered that I was the renowned swimmer of pur school because of my speed and ability to hold breath under water.I took a deep breath and opened the door like wall on the side ..I was surprised the water did not come in.My grandma went ahead of me and started ahead of me,I too followed her and swimming upward and that's then I saw it.My grandmother had a tale,she was a Mermaid!!!but she did not seem to mind my staring at her tale,She just smiled and went on swimming.
The next few hours I took my rounds seeing the new world where my mother grew up.I could many staring at me while some smiled at me kindly.Even in Discovery channel back home I have never seen a mermaid,here practically I am swimming with thousands of them. I pinched myself.
"Should I pinch you too?" I heard a giigling voice and turned to see the girl I saw before.My grandmother laughed at her comment while I smiled and introduced her.
" Mia,This is hazel,she will take you around because I have to return back for some urgent purpose."I stared while my grandma bid her bye.
"You do a lot of staring for your age,Mia" I heard Hazel commenting again and I could feel herself winking and I turned smiling at myself.
"Lets go" she pulled my hand and next few hours we went to many places I could not even remember coz the names are all very weird but hazel did not find any difficulty in explaining that.she was just a very big chatter box.I was too happy to have someone to talk with because I missed my friends back at home,not that I have many.I am not a very talkative person but I am a girl,That's how I met Christine, she had been there with me all my years and saving me from talking doing half of the talking herself.I wondered what she doing.
"Mia" Are you all right?"I suddenly looked upto see Hazel blinking at me."Oh,Yeah perfect"and we started swimming and trust me it was the best thing that occurred to me all these years.But can't tell because many things which have never happened to me are happening right now to me.We spend many more hours or I should tell the whole day seeing what she told humans will call as sight seeing under the sea and trust me I ate a lot which still I don't know what it is...but it was awesome.
"There are many who believe we mermaids are carnivorous but trust me we are not.We mermaids are friendly with the nature but there is a certain group in us who are diffrent from us,They are told that they got split from us because of ...."
"I hope I told you clearly not to mention unnecessary details with that blabbering mouth Hazel" I jumped at the sound of my grandfather.Hazel looked scared but she remembered to bow to him.
"Mia,Now you have come to your maternal home,its finally time for you to get introduced to your mothers world." My grandfather gently took me back to palace and I could suddenly see many palace guard coming towards me.I did not know that these many people were following me all these time.Its not that I am getting abducted or something but when I looked to my grandfathers face I could see a concern there,which made me really nervous.
We swam back to palace and I could see decorations all around the palace for what I will Party back at my home,But I did not like parties anymore.As soon as I reached back my grandmother came rushing towards me and hugged me,Her face relaxed as soon as she saw me,but why?"Let's get you ready for party"she swam around which left me to follow her and she took me to a large room with many dresses of humans.I wondered who wore all this dresses here."Select whichever dress you like Mia,These were all your Moms dresses.She had a craze for this human stuff,it will have everything you need.I could see tears running through her eyes as she took her leave.I opted for a white sleeve which was upto my knees and I thought I will leave my hair down.My mom always insisted I should never cut my hair and hence I was left with a very long hair for my age.
I dismissed all who came to help me and went down stairs once I was ready.My grandmom and Granddad were discussing something very seriously but abruptly stopped when they saw me.
"Ah,Mia,Shall we go and get the function started?" My grandfather asked holding out his hand for me and I smiled at him.I was beginning to make myself comfortable and we entered a big hall.As I entered music started playing just as how I used to see in movies back home and suddenly the whole people were staring at me.I was not used to people staring at me because I was a typical nerd at school and this really made me nervous.I realized many waving at me while some murmering and some looking at me in a very weird way.
"Is it her?"

"You think she has special powers"?

" I don't think she can do it,just look at her"

I was really confused at this.Are they talking about me?
If yes,Who am I?