Rose

It’s been two weeks since Elijah and I left Mystic Falls and it has been nothing short of perfect. Each day has been amazing and I have relished my time in London. Despite the startling updates from Damon, we have enjoyed ourselves in the old city. Even Finn’s death was not able to destroy our lovely escape. Elijah took time to grieve and I comforted him. Eventually, we were able to return to our regular activities and relax in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

            The cool breeze rustles the silk curtains and they wave back in forth. I move out onto the balcony and gaze out at the London skyline. Big Ben glows in the distance, like a beacon in the night sky. I smile as two arms snake around my waist and I lean back against a firm chest. “Magnificent, isn’t it?” I ask, running my fingers down Elijah’s arms and entwining them with his.

            “Breathtaking,” he replies in a soft voice. His breath is warm against my neck.

            I turn around to look at him and he smiles down at me. “It should always be like this,” I whisper.

            “I agree.” Elijah leans down to kiss me, but stops when my cellphone rings. The familiar ringtone echoes out to us from inside the room. He glances behind him and mumbles, “Seems like Damon is calling you again.”

            Absentmindedly, I trail my fingers over the soft skin of his bare chest. “I’ll let it go to voicemail. I’m sure it isn’t important.” Elijah turns back to me and I grin up at him.

            Smiling, he brings me closer to him. “Yes. Nothing too urgent,” he mumbles, pressing his lips against mine. I return the kiss in earnest, pressing against his body. His hands run down my sides and over my backside. Elijah grips my thighs as he lifts me up. I smile into the kiss as he carries me back into the room.

Damon’s POV-

            “Damn it,” I mutter, hanging up the phone.

            “She’s not answering?” Stefan asks.

            “She’s probably busy,” Bonnie offers, looking up at me.

            I dial her number again and grumble, “Yeah, screwing Elijah.” The phone rings and rings, but I am directed to Elizabeth’s voicemail once again. I curse and leave a message, “Look, I don’t care what you’re doing or how busy you are, we need you back here. Something’s happened with Alaric and we’re all in big trouble…including you and Elijah. So you better get your ass back here, Elizabeth.” Hanging up the phone, I slip it back into my pocket and turn to Stefan and Bonnie. They both give me a disapproving look. “What?” I ask, raising an eyebrow at them.

            “You could be a little nicer,” Bonnie says, taking the rag off of her neck. Alaric’s bite wasn’t too deep, so the wound has stopped bleeding. The crimson liquid has dried to Bonnie’s ebony skin now, forming a scab.

            “Why?”          

            “Because she won’t be willing to help us if you make her mad, Damon,” Bonnie tells me.

            “Oh, so am I supposed to just suck up to her and thank her for ignoring me for the past two weeks?”

            The young witch rolls her eyes and grumbles, “No, but maybe you should try being a bit more polite.” Bonnie stands and makes her way to the kitchen. I watch her until she’s gone and then glance at Stefan. I raise an eyebrow at him.