Chapter 32-Ready

"Is everything packed, and ready to go?" I ask Harry, who runs a hand through his unruly curls nervously. His other hand brushes against mine, sending a chill down my spine, and he gently intertwines our fingers.
"Yeah." He answers absentmindedly, as we continue to walk towards his car.
  Thanksgiving break has finally arrived, and both faculty, and students, are allowed four days away. It feels as though a minor weight has been lifted off of my shoulders, not having to deal with mandatory school obligations allows me to clear my mind of last weeks occurrences. Harry has been extremely, almost suffocatingly, supportive of me ever since my run-in with him; at my numerous attempts of isolating myself, and burrowing myself in self-hatred, Harry has knocked down the walls I've built up, leaving nothing but rubble, and ash in their place. He's made me feel safe, loved, important. I haven't self-harmed in five days, and though occasionally the yearning nags in the back of my brain, I distract myself, to shut all thoughts off. I don't yet feel completely drained of all sadness, but I feel close to it.
  "You okay?" Harry snaps me of my thoughts, as he shoves the last of our bags into his truck, then slams the door shut.
  "Fine." I smile reassuringly, sliding into the passenger seat, and buckling my seatbelt. Harry climbs into the car, and turns his keys in the ignition, the vehicle roaring to life in a matter of seconds. Harry pulls out of the parking lot, and we begin our journey, our school campus becoming smaller in the side-mirrors, as we drive further away.  "Are you okay?" I question, cocking my head to the side to obtain a better view of him.
  "Me? Fine." He answers quickly, but his actions say differently; he drums his fingers against the steering wheel, and bounces his left leg up and down. His continuous fidgeting indicates that he's less than "fine".
  "You seem...nervous." I observe, trying my best not to offend him, but making sure to show my worry for him.
  "Nervous?" He echoes my words, vigorously shaking his head as he does so. "I'm not nervous." He scoffs, and I raise my eyebrows at him.
  "Harry," I scold. I can tell that he's lying, his discomfort apparent to me. He sighs, peering down at me from the corner of his eyes, then quickly returning his gaze to the road.
  "Okay, fine," He grumbles. "Maybe I am a little nervous. But that's normal, right? I mean, I've never had to meet anyone's parents before, I've never even had a real girlfriend. And, fuck, what if I say something stupid? What if your parents hate me? What if-?"
  "Harry!" I cut him off, unable to suppress my giggles at his declaration of fear. "You're overthinking this. Just be yourself, my parents will love you." I promise him, smiling up at him, with a big, toothy grin. "And by 'being yourself', I mean your polite self. No cursing, no sex jokes, and no groping." I warn playfully, to which Harry smirks.
  "Can I-?"
  "No."
  "But, what if I-?"
  "No."
  "C'mon, Bella, not even-?"
  "Nope."
  We both laugh at our ridiculous exchange, Harry's cheeks concaving with deep, and prominent dimples, as he does so.
  "You know," I draw his attention to me, once our laughter has ceased. "dimples are a deformation of the skin." I inform him proudly, and smugly.
  "Are you calling me deformed?" Harry's eyes dart over to me, a happy smirk playing on his lips, as his gaze meets mine. I shrug.
  "You tell me." Harry suddenly swerves the car onto the side of the desolate road, unbuckling his seat belt swiftly, as he shifts the car in park. Before I have time to question him, he reaches towards me, leaning over the console to advance towards me; his long fingers dig into my ribs, tickling up and down. Wild, and hysterical laughs tumble from my lips, as my blue eyes screw shut. Harry's face inches towards my own, peppering wet kisses all over the skin, as he continues to tickle me.
  "Take it back!" He growls playfully, the happiness in his tone apparent, and evident.
  "O-okay!" I scream. "Okay! Stop! I take it back!" I plead, and his actions cease. I wipe my eyes of the liquid that leaked out whilst undergoing an extreme tickle attack, and pant heavily. A satisfied, and victorious smiles tugs at the corner of Harry's mouth, as he restarts the car, and maneuvers us back onto the road.

~*~

"You ready?" I ask Harry, as we stand in front of my front door. He looks up, gaping at the size of my large home, eyes traveling over both the width, and the height of the building monstrosity.
"Your house is huge." He mumbles, his green irises eventually finding their way back to me. I offer him a half smile, my nerves finally beginning to settle in. What will my parents think of Harry? Will they accept him, accept us? "You nervous?" He asks, brushing a fallen piece of hair away from my eyes, and placing it behind my ear.
  "A little." I sigh, dropping my gaze down to my feet.
  "Me too." He admits, intertwining our fingers, and tilting my chin up with his free hand. "But it will be fine," He smiles. "I promise." His words of reassurance comfort me; I trust him, and if he thinks that everything will work itself out, then I believe him.
  I knock swiftly on the door, three taps  on the wooden frame is all it takes before it swings open.
  "Bella!" My mother shrieks, tugging me into a firm, and suffocating embrace. My hand is disconnected from Harry's as my mother sways our attached bodies back and forth. I clear my throat, wriggling out of her tight hold. My father is next, pulling me into an equally harsh, and nostalgic hug. He kisses me on my forehead, before releasing me, allowing my lungs to squeeze out the air they had been holding in. I ruffle my little brother's hair; we've never been the most affectionate siblings.
  "Nice to meet you, Harry." I hear my father's deep voice greet the curly haired boy. I turn to take in the sight: Harry's large hand leaning in to shake that of my father's, both mouths pulled into a tight smile, almost skeptically, as if they're secretly observing one another. Once they release each other's hand shake, my mother awkwardly half-hugs Harry, telling him that it's lovely to meet him.
  "Um," I draw everyone's attention to me, shifting a little on my feet. "I'll show Harry to his room." Harry looks grateful to be taken from the situation, and scurries up the stairs behind me.
  "Just be down by 7:30, that's when the guests are arriving!" My mother calls to us, as we dash away.
  Harry and I both enter his guest bedroom, and he releases a dramatic sigh as he tosses his duffel bag onto the queen-sized mattress. I can tell that he's on-edge; his emerald irises are frantic, and pleading, he continuously tugs at the roots of his hair, and he paces around the small space as though he's deep in thought. I've never seen him so flustered, usually oozing with confidence, I've never once questioned his normally calm, and collected nature; his poised attitude never in need of reassurance, usually having to be the one to guide me, but now the roles have reversed.
"Harry," I begin gently, the smoothness of my tone causing him to stop dead in his tracks. "Come here." I pat the unoccupied space on the bed in which I sit. Harry sighs once more, but obliges to my request, the springs of the old mattress squeaking as his body sinks into its comfort. He shakes his head, ruffling his disheveled curls, then swiping his fringe across his forehead nervously. I watch in awe of his effortless perfection. "I know this is a bit nerve-wracking for you, but I hope you know that it means a lot to me that you came." I smile warmly, placing my small hand over his large one.
  "Yeah, yeah, I know. I just-it's-," He sighs, licks his lips, takes a deep breath. "You know I'll do anything for you, Bella, I just-this is a lot for me. I need some sort of distraction from this overwhelming situation." My heart swells in my chest, doubling, tripling in size at his confession, and his obvious attempts in making me happy. I'm not quite sure how to successfully articulate to him how much it means to me that he's here, that he's making such and immense effort in our relationship, so I decide to display my fondness through actions rather than words.
  "I can distract you." I smirk, my voice low, and somewhat alluring. Harry's eyes snap up from their position on his lap, and glance over my face; emerald gaze traveling from my eyes to my lips, flicking down to my chest, then back up. My blue eyes flutter closed, as our heads lean in, Harry's hot breath fanning over my skin, arising goosebumps on my arms, as our bodies inch towards each other's. Our lips brush, and a chill sends a shiver down my spine. The suspense hangs heavily in the air, mouths awaiting, and hungry, but neither one of us make the final move.
  Once Harry's impatience becomes too evident, and overbearing, he dives in, pressing his lips firmly to mine, and pulling my body down onto the mattress. His warm tongue slips between my parted lips, deepening the kiss, his roaming hands exploring every inch of my clothed frame. My skin is on fire, burning, and yearning for him in every way possible. Electricity surges throughout my entirety, sparks igniting all of my senses. He is a drug, and I am an addict.
  His plump lips find my neck, kissing, and sucking, and biting on the flesh, evoking a light moan to erupt from the back of my throat. My blue eyes blink open lazily, and catch the sight of the alarm clock resting on the bedside table, as Harry's mouth continues its gentle assault on my skin.
  "Shit!" I curse, springing up from my lying position, and disconnecting Harry's lips from my body. "It's quarter to seven, I have to get ready. My family will be arriving for dinner in less than an hour." I jump from the bed, ignoring Harry's angered, and surprised features. Before I scurry off into the bathroom to shower, Harry shakes his head, clicking his tongue in disapproval.
  "You fucking tease." He smirks lowly, a dark chuckle falling from his lips, dripping with dry humor.

  I turn then handle of the faucet, warm water spilling from the nozzle quickly, and heavily. I click the plug of the shower, and warm liquid drizzles from the shower-head, falling like rain drops behind the curtain, and splashing onto the floor of the bathtub. Steam speedily rises, enveloping the room in its thick cloud. I pull my shirt over my head, almost not hearing the click of the door behind me. I turn instantly, covering up my top half from whomever's eyes land upon my figure, ready to kick out the sneaky intruder. My eyes fall upon a gaze of emerald, darkening with lust, as they travel over my body. I don't speak, I have no words to say. Harry locks the door behind him, before stepping towards me, green irises never leaving my frame. Silently, he pulls his shirt over his head. I know what he's doing, and I should put a stop to the ridiculousness, but I can't seem to find it in me to decline him of his wishes. He pulls his black jeans off of his body, leaving him in only his remaining black boxers.  His hands find my waist, tugging me towards his body, radiating with heat, and want. He removes my arms from shielding myself, allowing them to fall limply at my sides.
"Don't be shy," He mumbles, husky voice low, and seductive. My breath hitches in my throat, as he pops the button to my own jeans open, and slides the denim down my legs, my flesh erupting in goosebumps from his gentle, yet assertive touch. As I step out of them, I meet his gaze, his eyes so dark, they're almost drained of the usually sparkling emerald. He rises slowly to his regular height, smooth fingers crawling up my back to the band of my bra. He unclasps it, and slides the straps down my arms. My heart is in my throat. A small smirk plays on his lips as he watches me, watching him. At an antagonizingly slow pace, Harry lowers himself to bend his knees, eyes never leaving mine, as he tugs my underwear down my legs. I bite my lip. Vulnerable, exposed, exhilarated, excited. Harry finally pulls his boxers from his body, and they drop to the floor. His dark irises rake over my entirety one last time, slowly, making sure a shiver runs through me, before he takes my hand, and leads me into the steaming water that's running. My heart pounds erratically in my chest, as I allow him to guide me.
  This is what I want. This is what I'm ready for.

A/N

The next chapter may, or may not get a little steamy, just warning you. Anyway, thanks for reading, and I hope you liked this chapter! Please check out my new Harry fic, Guarded! :) xoxo