Chapter 15-"What are you doing to me?"

*Harry's POV*

My eyes open slowly, adjusting to the ray of sunlight streaming in through the curtain-less window. I look down to the sleeping girl next to me, admiring her soft features. Her dark hair and lashes are a beautiful contrast against her pale skin, her pink lips plump, and kissable. Her petite frame snuggles into me, our legs intertwined beneath the comfort of the blankets. I prop my head onto my elbow, looking down upon her. 

"What are you doing to me?" I whisper to the incoherent female, brushing a loose strand of brown hair away from her face. 

I feel as though I've gone insane. My usually angry demeanor has shifted, and been replaced by that of constant happiness. This adorable girl's image captivates my mind at all times, a need to be near her is always present. She casts sunshine through my darkness, her smile, or the sound of her giggles uplifting my spirits. I've never felt this way before, never felt so connected to someone, never felt so free to be myself without judgement, never felt so alive. 

Bella shifts in her sleep, her breathing becomes heavier, as a crease forms in her eyebrows. 

There it is, I think. That small change in her features may go undetected to others, but to me, the shift unmasks all that she keeps hidden. Beneath the guarded walls she's built around herself, shielding her true feelings from anyone to uncover, she hides something. If only I had the ability to comprehend such behavior when she was still alive, I might have saved her. But she isn't alive, and everyday, I blame myself for her death. This may be why I've taken such an interest in Bella, I can see the hurt she's endured, and I've taken it upon myself to save her. Save her from herself, and any harm that she could pose upon herself. This may seem crazy, but I feel its my duty to at least try. 

"No!" Bella screams in her sleep. Her small body thrashes violently, limbs desperately seeking freedom from my hold. 

"Bella!" I lightly shake her, in hopes she will wake from her nightmare. Jagged breaths fall from her lips, eyes darting around from behind closed lids. 

"No, please!" She cries, the helplessness in her trembling voice sends a chill down my spine. I wrap my arms around her tightly, shifting her tiny body so it is pressed into mine. Her breathing slows at my comforting touch, her eyes fluttering open, a single tear slipping down her cheek. 

"Harry?" She croaks, eyes meeting mine. I cup her face in my large hands, stroking her pale cheeks. 

"Yeah, baby I'm here." I sooth her. She wraps her arms around my waist, freeing her face from my grip, and burrows it into my chest. I immediately feel the dampness of her tears meet my skin, streaking down my body like heavy rain. I pet her hair comfortingly, saying nothing as I allow her to empty her sorrows. 

"Shh, it's okay." I coo. Bella lifts her head, breaking the contact of our skin, wiping her eyes. 

"I'm sorry," She squeaks. "It was..I just..." 

"A nightmare." I continue her sentence, and she nods her head. I wish I could read her mind, see what she was thinking. I wish I could rid her brain of whatever anchor holds her down, drowning her with its imprisoning weight. Desperate to distract her from the sadness perforating her entirety, I make a suggestion. 

"We should do something fun tonight." Immediately her eyes light up, an excited grin emerging on her beautiful face. I can see the change in her mood, enthusiasm dissolving the unhappiness. 

"What should we do?" She questions. 

"Um, we could go to a party tonight?" I suggest, and her smile falters slightly.