Chapter 11-Stood Up

I pull my over sized sweater over my head, and pick up the hairbrush, raking it through my hair. After applying light makeup, I examine my reflection. My eyes bright and blue, my long dark hair cascading down my back, looking sleek and well groomed. My heart pounds in my chest, and I deem my rapid heart rate more nervousness than excitement. I can't be excited, can I? Something about being around Harry feels so exhilarating, it ignites something deep inside of me. He makes me feel safe yet dangerous. Guarded yet vulnerable. I can't quite place a finger on what it is about him, maybe his intimidating demeanor, or the darkness within his green eyes. Whatever it is, he fascinates yet terrifies me. I can't help but wish to be constantly near him. I'm not exactly sure what Harry's intentions are, but something tells me he poses no threat to my well being. Is that wishful thinking? Or am I able to see through his mysterious actions? I'm surprised at how calm I am regarding this situation, I was too afraid to take up Dylan's lunch offer, but I'm willing to go out with Harry? Could he possibly be fooling me into thinking that he's less dangerous than he actually is? My head begins to spin at the possibilities, and I exit the bathroom, deciding not to over think it. I pick up my cellphone from my bed, and check the time. 6:54 PM. Harry told me that he would pick me up at 7. I sit on my bed, grateful that Naomi is nowhere near our shared room tonight.
      7:13. Should I call him? Or is he notoriously late to all events? After momentarily contemplating it, I decide it best to call. I press the call button on the contact that Harry programmed into my phone this afternoon, and anxieties rise in my throat as it begins to ring. After two short rings, the call goes to voicemail. Did he just reject my call? I sigh, lying back onto my pillow. Is Harry ignoring me?I place my phone next to where I lie, and shut my eyes.
        My alarm clock blares, and I shoot up in bed. I look to my left, and see Naomi across the room in her bed, she pulls her blanket over her head to dull the sounding alarm. My heart sinks a bit in my chest when I realize what has happened. Harry never came last night.
    "Maybe he called, and you didn't hear your phone!" My subconscious chimes from the back of my head. I hopefully reach out to my phone and check for any unread calls or texts. There are none. I try and suppress the ever growing sadness building up in my chest. It was too good to be true. Harry asked me to hang out for the sole purpose of making a fool out of me. I climb out of bed and get ready for the day.
      I don't have History today, and since that is my only class with Harry, am unable to confront him about last night. Do I want to confront him? Maybe from now on I should just stay away from him for good. I almost laugh to myself as I realize that that feels like the hundredth time I've made the decision to stay away from Harry in my short time spent at this school.
    I walk into English class, taking a deep breath, reminding myself to remain focused on my academic performance.
    The day speeds by, and I am surprised by how quickly the arrival of the final bell of the day is. I sit in the spot I've become accustomed to, the shady spot under the tree outside of the building. I pull my book from my back pack, and begin reading, the buzz of conversations around me dulling. My few moments of peace are stolen from me, as loud, deep voices speak over the conversing of those around me. A large group of boys stride confidently over to the grassy patch.  I am about to move from my shady spot when someone catches my eye. Harry. We lock eyes, and anger sweeps over me. He starts to make his way over to me, eyes never discontinuing their intense stare. I turn away from him, and walk away, hoping to create as much distance between us as possible.
     "Bella!" He calls. I ignore him, and walk faster. There is no point. The relentless boy picks up speed, bringing his pace to a jog, catching up with me instantly. He gently tugs my arm, spinning me around to face him. I viscously free my limb, crossing my arms over my chest in an attempt to look intimidating.
    "What?" I snap.
    "Can we talk?" He pleads.
    "Alright Harry, fucking the new girl!" A boy from the group that Harry was with minutes before whoops. Harry shoots him a poisonous glare before turning back to face me.
     "Please, Bella. Can we just talk for a minute?"
    "Fine. Talk." I order, trying my hardest to stand my ground. Harry looks around to the surrounding students, almost all of their eyes are glued to us, and I suddenly feel extremely embarrassed. I hate this kind of attention. I know my classmates are only intrigued by the situation because of Harry's dangerous reputation, and my innocence. We must look strange conversing as often as we do.
  "Can we go some where more private?" He asks, the volume of his voice decreasing with each word, to avoid our audience hearing. I sigh, and allow Harry to lead me in between two buildings. I am far too angry with him, and myself to be scared right now. I lean against the side of the brick building, my arms still crossed.
  "Ok, we're alone, now tell me why you stood me up last night." I demand. Harry smirks down at me, ignoring my command.
    "It sounds like it really bothered you." He says, sounding rather accomplished. If I were more brave, and Harry less scary, I would punch him.
    "Of course it bothered me! I don't like to be kept waiting. Especially not by jerks like you!" I raise my voice. All I receive in response from Harry is the continuation of his smirking. He seems to be finding amusement in this entire situation which makes my blood boil. I want to scream.
  "Are you listening?" I shriek. Harry's smirk curls into a smile, as he remains silent. I know he is just trying to provoke me, and I should not be reacting to his childish behavior, but I can't help but let it get to me.
  "You're cute when you're angry." Is all he says. His condescending tone pushes me over the edge, my entire body fills with rage.
    "THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF?" I bellow. "Not only did you stand me up last night, but ever since I got to this school, you won't leave me the hell alone! You always show up out of no where, and help me, then you act like a complete asshole to me!! Well do you know what? I'm so fucking sick of you, and your dumb smirk, and your sense of entitlement over me, and your huge ego, and your lack of respect, and yo-" I am silenced by Harry firmly pressing his lips to mine.