Chapter Six

Just pretend that Percy told his friends that he talks in old English because he thinks it's fun.

Actually, I'm just realizing that there is barely any need for olden English in this part.

And I don't know where the third book is, and I need it. . . So this chapter might be shorter than I want it to be.

________________________________________________________________________________

(Percy's POV)

I closed my eyes.

A bunch of visions flashed in my vision. I then opened my eyes.

My eyes widened. I knew the prophecy for the next quest, and I know some of what will happen.

My mom, Rhea, who is disguised as a mortal(Sally Jackson), was driving Thalia, Annabeth, and I to the boarding school that the two demigods(Bianca and Nico di Angelo) were.

When we got there, Annabeth and Thalia got out. I stayed in the car after they closed their door and talked to my mother.

"Mom," I said.

She knew something was wrong. 

"What is it, Percy?" she asked.

I told her what I saw. I was almost crying, but I wasn't.

She was almost crying too.

She hugged me. I hugged her back.

"I love thou, mom," I said. And I swear, if one of you readers say I'm faking that I love her. . .

"I love you too, Percy," Rhea replied.

"What took so long?" Thalia demanded when I got out of the car.

"I had to tell her something," I answered shortly. "Let's get in this place."

We walked into medieval tower(I remembered back to when humans lived in them)– I mean, the school.

The doors closed behind us. Thalia and Annabeth jumped. I turned to see a mortal teacher and the Manticore. Awesome.

"There are no visitors for the dance," the Manticore said. He had a slight accent. What was it. . . French?

Thalia snapped her fingers and manipulated the Mist. "We're not visitors; we go here. I'm Thalia, this is Annabeth, and he's Percy."

Grover stumbled into the hall.

"Oh!" he said when he saw us. "You made it."

"They made what?" the Manticore asked. "They go to school here."

Well, he obviously hadn't been fooled by the Mist. Then again, he's a monster, so of course he wasn't.

"Um, they made the punch! They made it, you know, for the, um, dance."

I mentally noted how terrible he is at lying for future reference.

The teacher was fooled(not the Manticore, obviously). Of course, the Mist was still in work here(I may or may not have helped in that).

The teachers let us pass into the ball room.

"Where are the demigods?" I asked Grover.

"Over there." Grover pointed to two people, a boy and a girl. I automatically recognized them as Nico di Angelo and his older sister, Bianca.

"Every time I try and go talk to them, Dr. Thorn gets in the way."

"Who had the idea for this music?" Asked Thailia. "No one even likes it."

"I did," Grover said, looking hurt.

"Really, Grover?" Thalia asked. "You couldn't do, like, Green Day or something?"

Thalia dragged Grover along and started dancing with him. They were swallowed up by the crowd.

"You should probably ask someone to dance," Annabeth said. I looked around.

"Okay," I said reluctantly. I didn't want to dance with anyone other than Zoë. "Who should I ask?"

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Me, Seaweed Brain." I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Let's get this over with then," I mumbled. Annabeth slapped me.

We started to dance.

I almost sighed in relief when I saw Dr. Thorn leading Bianca and Nico out of the dancing hall. I immediately let go of Annabeth.

"Come on," I said. I followed Dr. Thorn, Bianca, and Nico.

I didn't remember losing Annabeth, but she went the other way where she eventually met up with Grover and Thalia.

I saw the siblings in the corner of a room. I had my sword out, but I put it away so that I wouldn't scare them.

Their eyes were wide. Too late I realized they weren't scared of me, but they were looking at something behind me.

"Dear Chaos," I muttered as I turned to see the Manticore. I saw something flicker and realized it was the Manticore's tail. It launched a poisoned spike at me, and I didn't dodge in time. It hit me in the shoulder. I fell backwards. It didn't hurt much(you all, I've been to Tartarus. Remember that), but the force of the impact made me fall backwards.

"Now, come along." Dr. Thorn replied.

I had no choice than to follow.

We got outside. I looked around and saw a cliff. I could sense that it led to water.

"Go on, son of Poseidon, jump off the cliff!" The Manticore shouted. I inwardly sighed. "You know there's water at the bottom! You will be dead before you get anywhere near the edge."

I rolled my eyes at that.

Dr. Thorn didn't see though.

________________________________________________________________________________

I won't update until I find my copy of The Titan's Curse, so there might be a little bit of a wait.

~Shatter