Nineteen

February 13th, 2011

dear Arix,

i went to the mall today after school today and i got some stuff for my mum for valentine's day. it's a little thing her and i do every year since Douglas left us; a way of us saying 'i love you' to each other and neither of us get valentine's cards or flowers or anything from guys so we get stuff for each other. i got her a small box of her favourite, really expensive chocolates, a bouquet of pink and white roses, and a card that i wrote a bunch of poetic things about how awesome she is.

i remember last year on valentine's day, you had all the guys asking you to be their valentine, and i had nobody pining over me, and we spent the day watching loads of rom/com's, eating chocolate and candy, and soothing my rejected heart. when we were taking a break from the movies, you brought out your duffle bag full of cards begging you to be their 'one and true love, even if for only a day', and we went through them, laughing our asses off and pretending what that certain boy would be doing right then to try and get you to kiss them on a park bench overlooking a lake if you had accepted the invitation to be his valentine. you even offered me the cutest of the load, Adam Colfer, and i happily accepted, giggling at him and me being on a date. Grace would've been there but there was some family lunch thing because her family takes valentine's day very seriously.

now it'll be just my mum and me, watching love actually and the proposal, our favourites. but it won't be the same without you, Arix.

-Paige

- - -

A/N: SO 325 reads and 54 votes...THAT'S FREAKING INSANE. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING OK THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Dedicated to my mom, @SherriLeeWoycik, cause she's super supportive and awesome.

-Hannah