Twelve

January 28th, 2011

dear Arix,

six years ago today my dad ran off with a twenty-two year old slut. he was forty-eight. i was nine. my mum was forty-one.

it's been me and my mum since then, and even before that we were a team. of course, mum and i had you and your family, Arix. you guys became our shoulders to cry on, your mum made us dinner for weeks after he left and you hugged me tight.

Douglas.

Douglas Montgomery.

a worthless piece of shit who broke my mums and my heart.

mum went back to her maiden name seven months after he left. i changed with her.

Paige.

Paige Spencer.

Paige Elizabeth Spencer.

i like that i have my grandpa's last name. he was a good man. mum says i have his eyes.

Lydia.

Lydia Spencer.

a strong woman i am lucky to have as my mum.

i don't cry about Douglas, or as i've called him since i was eleven, the devil, anymore. why waste tears on him? mum still cries on this day every year though. i think it's because she was married to him and loved him.

i bet you aren't sitting on your bed, writing a letter to someone who left you about someone else who left you on this monday evening. you have a life, don't you?

-Paige

- - -

A/N: Did you like this chapter? Little backstory for Paige.

Vote, fan, comment, eat leftovers from Christmas!

-Hannah <3