Epilogue

At an unidentified location, Blofeld visits with a few of his henchmen. He enters a room filled with computers and other various technologies. After making a right turn, he sees a man sitting on a computer wearing a Guy Fawkes mask.

"Your time has come for you to join us," Blofeld says to the man. "My Doomsday!" The man turns around as Blofeld smirks at him. Later, every newscast around the world shuts down and static appears on the screens. Suddenly, the man in the Guy Fawkes appears.

"To the filth leaders and governments of the world. Your time has come to an end. Breathe in your final waking days. Take your last walk down the streets of the land you have claimed. Your Doomsday will dawn upon you soon." The man shuts off the transmission and the newscasts are restored. World leaders gasp at what they had just witnessed. The future is uncertain.

DOOMSDAY IS COMING
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
1963

"Dealey Plaza, November 22, 1963. The moment that changed history. The moment that shook the world to its cold knees. At the height of the Cold War, something horrifying happened. A year after the Cuban Missile Crisis and a year before the signing of the Civil Rights Act was John F. Kennedy's unexpected and shocking assassination. Who did it? John Wilkes Booth, as it seems. However, was he alone? Or was he the fall guy? I'm here to tell you what really happened. This is my confession:

It was bright and sunny in downtown Dallas, Texas. I vividly remember the loud cheers as I sat, waiting. The crowd below waited in anticipation for President Kennedy to arrive in his motorcade, as did I from above. I had my weapon ready, a SVD Dragunov sniper rifle. Then, I see his car. Immediately after, I see him. I aim. I aim at his head. You see, Mister. Booth may have fired a bullet or two, but it was my shot that did the deal. Yes, I killed President Kennedy. Once I completed my mission, I escaped and returned to the place where I was made. O returned to the CIA. Yes, that is correct, the CIA, or at least certain higher ups, tasked me to kill their president. I can prove it, I still have the file in one of my safe houses from back in the day."

"Is that all there is to it, Mr. Helderman?" Bourne asks the old, wrinkled man.

"There is more. The press says that Jason Bourne was the first enhanced soldier. You thought that you were one of the first enhanced spies to walk the earth? The very first super spy stands before you now. Treadstone was modeled after my creation, my being. The shit they put into my blood changed me in same exact fucking ways they changed you. I was faster, stronger, and more calculated than anyone. Any president from my time wouldn't dare say my name. No one would dare to say my name, because they knew who I was and what I was capable of!" Helderman announces to Bourne. Suddenly, M enters the room.

"As interesting as it has been to get to know you and your history, it's time for you to go, Gerrit. Thank you for your confession," M says to Helderman.

"I'm not going to prison. I'll die before I get locked up in a cell!" Helderman says.

"Then today is your lucky day!" M responds right before executing him. Bourne looks at him and then at the dead Helderman. "Not a word of this to anyone, Bourne."

"Agreed." Bourne responds as he leaves the room. Moments later, they set the building on fire to erase all evidence, including Helderman's body. As the building burns to the ground, M and Bourne drive off to their separate paths.

Writer's Note: Be sure to catch TASK FORCE INITIATIVE on my page NOW. Task Force Initiative unites JAMES BOND, JASON BOURNE, ETHAN HUNT, AND AARON CROSS to take on a dangerous threat that'll challenge our spy heroes physically and mentally.

Extra Note: New spin-off series OUT NOW called THE BOURNE ORIGINS: Helderman. The prologue is UP, though it's an intentional rehash of the Helderman portion of the epilogue you've just read. Planned as a mini-series, the story will focus on the young Gerrit Helderman and his origins. STAY TUNED