chapter nine: decoding

"Bella, Bella love."

"Yes my little weirdo" I looked right into his golden eyes.Seconds, minutes passed. Than we heard someone cleared his throat.

I looked up. Carlisle smiled at me proudly. like a father who had seen his little girl making her first steps.

The looks of all Cullens made me uncomfortable. Why do I have to get so much attention? For me just a little attention is enough. If someone would love me the way I am that would be more tha enough for me...Oh those looks I have to break through the situation.

"I think we should go hunt now. I am thirsty. Osiris will you join me?" I looked at him stretching my hand out and smiled.

I heard laughing. Emmett was the first who had burst into laughter. Next one was Rose followed by Alice and Jasper. Esme giggled and looked away. Carlislewas still fascinated by the incidents, my light and then smiled widely at me.

Edward was still in shock. "Oh come on. I was kidding O- Edward" I giggled.

I helped him up. The Family went home and arranged a night over for me. Luckily it was Friday so my dad wouldn't object it since iIwas officially having a sleep over at Alice.

We hunted. Edward didnNt object where to go. He just followed and let me lead. I assumed he was totally touched by the events of this night...maybe by my awesomeness?

After an hour - which was longer than before but I needed more than one deer usually it would have been enough but the fight took all my energy- we returned home.

Before we went jumping over the river. Edward stopped me and grabbed my hand. He looked deeply in my eyes and placed my hand to his chest where his heart is located.

"Thank you bella". He looked me deeply in the eyes. "you safed my life!my freedom my soul". It seemed that he would have tears in his eyes if something would be possible for a vampire.

I took a deep breath. "You are more than welcome Os- Edward" I blinked smilled at him. I pulled him with me and we jumped over the river. When we landed he touched my cheek and it looked like he wanted to try something but I just loosed my hand and ran to the house.

Everyone was sitting at the dining table. It seemed they have discussed a lot during our absence.

A huge white board was brought to the room. We sat down. And Carlisle began.

"Bella, dear. You remember the first evening you visited us. You may remember me mumbling could it be possible. This was the first time when I suspected something but didn't tell anyone. Everyone was curios if you where the girl Alice saw in her visions. Only Edward read my thoughts but thought I was beeing wrong. Alice had had a lot visions lately. Seeing lightning. Hearing mumbling of thousands. We could not make a clue out of it. When you went hunting Alice had another vision. So all of us ran to the place we assumed the fight was but it was over already.

You were still blacked out. We were all irritated since we have never seen a thing like this happen with avampire before. Edward started explaning and descriped the command you gave and the following events. This was the turning point. It was absolutely clear for all of us. He stood up went to the board and started to write the eneead of heliopolis on the white board.

He listed the whole nine deities and looked towards Edward and me smiling.

"Bella. Your soul is an Old one. You are the reincarnation, the Soul of Isis. There for we assume Edward may is the soul the reincarnation of Osiris".

"This explains everything. Your eyes, your control even as a youngster. You are older than the existence of vampires. Why still are wondering why Edwards eyes are not like your or his scent is more vampirish. Well I think that Osiris was the weaker character. There for it myight be an explanation..." Carlisle said.

"Grandma was right! she told me since I was a little girl that I must be an old soul- she assumed this to my unnatural interest in ancient egypt and Isis herself. May be My Isis part wanted to keep the connection?" I sighed looking to the cullen family.

"Hopefully the Volturi will leave us alone now" Esme whispered. "Who are those Volturi?" I asked and a little glint started in my eyes.

"Well Bella, the Volturi are a strong coven from Italy. The are the Secret keeper of our world. They do not accept any Lifestyle beside their Lifestyle" Carlisle explained sighing." I have lived some decades with them tried to explain and show our Lifestyle to them and gave up after a few decades. Unfortunately I did not succeed by convincing them but as it seems our way of life got accepted by some like your Amadeus. I think we should try to find this fellow and welcome him into our way of life. But we should speak about the Volturi. They envy our family. We are bonded not by the fact being Vampires nor the search for power. We were bonded by love".

"They see us as a threat. Having so talented and gifted members must have giving them nightmares of loosing their power" Esme added.

"Ok, and now that you broke the most dangerous bounty hunter our world knows must have a total nightmare to them" Carlisle said. "with you declaring that Edward is yours, scaring the death out of the hunter as well as beeing one of the oldest souls the universe offers"... Jasper fell down on his knees."We knew that you are something special. Something we have to save from the world. But none of us expected this".

Alice jumped up. "Well I do not see them coming. I think we should give Bella and Edward some time" She blinked at me.

"Sure, we will give them time but what do you all think of a late baseball game later. I heard of a storm coming up" Emmett suggested.

"Wonderful Idea" Esme chanted. "We will give you some time. You might want some privacy" Carlisle said. And then every Cullen with exception of Edward left the dining room.

Edward looked around. He was insecure. I knew and felt him beeing nervous. I heard from up stairs Alice singing " Oh those two love birds" then Jasper must have put his hands on her mouth.

Edward hesitated. So I had to do the work again. I sighed and broke through the silence "Why do you not show me your room Os- I mean Edward" He looked at me surprised by me being pushy like this. Suddenly he took my hand and led me to his room.

I walked into it and then suddenly it hit me. I saw a huge parchment with a hand painted picture of the triad ISIS- OSIRIS- HORUS. No I ws the shocked one. Why does he have a family picture of usU? What a weird thought...

I turned towards him -he looked down to his feet. I think he was embarresd by this. "Why do you have the triad hanging in your room?" I asked.

"Uh Bella. I am not as strong as you might think. When I was born all around the world egyptomania took its place. And my human mom was a maniac as well. This was my moms. She admired Isis very much. After she died and I became a Vampire I could not dump it. It keeps the memory of my mom".

"Edward, look at me. Are you scared? Are you afraid?" I asked hesitating.

"Well, I am not afraid of you. More afraid of what will come in the future. Since Alice saw it even it was blurry..."

"Do not be afraid Edward Cullen. As it seems Isis found Osiris and will not let anyhting happen to him and his beloved ones". Light embraced us both and I started smiling.

"Edward, I am not sure what will happen. Be open and the Universe will show us the path. My fate brought me here. Our fate is uniting us. I am sure it will bring me to the right place in the right time".

He looked at me surprised nodded and smiled.