That Thank You (Epilogue)

“Nikola, I’ve love you from the moment I saw you. With this ring, I show the world just how much my love for you is true. I can’t say our union wouldn’t have its ups and downs, that there’ll be no fights or arguments but I can guarantee kisses with morning breath, teddy bears on you birthdays, and cuddles when you want them. I’ll be there to hold your hand when you feel low and send cute texts when I'm working late. I’ll be there to protect you when you need comfort and patience—God, help me to listen—when you need an ear to voice your concerns to. I’ll be your rock in times of uncertainty and the best lover in our throes of passion. Nikola, I love you and I’m confident we will be forever, we always find our way back to each other in the end after all.”

“Dante…with the amount of things we’ve had to go through, any other person would think that we were absolutely crazy for marrying each other and there was probably a time where I thought that too but they would be wrong. Despite what has transpired between us, there was anyways something to ground me to reality, you. You, the most kind, adorable, sweetest, and charming man I’ve had the pleasure of knowing. I can only imagine how I must have hurt you before and I'm profusely sorry about what I did. You don’t have to forget, just forgive me. That way, I’ll gladly prove to you every day the depths of my love for you. You deserve to be treasured and that’s exactly what I'm going to do from now on, love you with all my heart and soul until the end of time. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you.”

Dante

At the tapping of Tony’s glass, the room settled into quietness. As the master of ceremonies, he surveyed the room before turning to Nikola and I, “I’d let to make a toast to the bride and groom.”

On cue, everyone held up their own glass. “You all may not know this but for a second there, I was afraid for my brother. He’s a hard worker but loves to work himself to death. Now that he has someone to go home to, I didn’t think Nikola won’t let that happen anymore.”

Tony paused as the crowd laughed, “Seriously though, I've watched these two since they were young and I always knew they had a strong connection. There were many trials but Nikola and Dante, they stuck it out. You don't know how happy I am to be looking at them together right now. To my brother and his wife, Nikola. May they live the rest of their lives together in happiness and love.”

I smiled and stood, “Cheers.”

Everyone else followed as Nikola stood up next to me. She lifted her glass to my lips so I could drink. When I finished, she kissed me lightly and only for a brief moment, “Which was sweeter?”

“You, always.”

Tony tapped his glass again to get our attention, “I hope everyone has eaten because now it’s time to dance. Will the bride and groom please make their way to the dance floor?”

Nikola sighed as she put down her glass and took my hand. “We’ll have to finish our game some other time, Mr. West.”

“Of course, Mrs. West.” I brought her hand up to my lips to kiss it before leading her to the middle of the dance floor. With one hand in hers, I placed my other on her hip. The music began and we started to sway.

(AN: Right now would be a good time to turn on the music at the side)

At last, my love has come along

My lonely days are over

And life is like a song

Nikola looked at me incredulously, “Really? This song?”

“Hey, this wasn’t my doing.” Over Nikola’s shoulder, Tony and Charla stood by the DJ flashing big smiles at me. In Nikola’s ear, I whispered, “Tony and Charla should be the ones you talk to about the song.”