5

Percy's POV

Today was the day. It was my birthday, August 18 for starters, but it was also Annabeth and Michael's wedding day. I know I am dead, but Nico told me about the wedding and suggest I go, even though I was a spirit. I agreed. I hadn't been watching Annabeth a lot lately. Her and Michael were planning their wedding, and I didn't want to break down in tears every time I saw Annabeth with Michael. Today, I would lose my Wise Girl... forever.

I headed to the bright pink mansion. Can you guess who? The one and only Selina and Beckendorf. I hung out with them a lot, and I knew that Selina could help me out. I rang the door bell. At first there was no answer. I rang the door bell again, this time Beckendorf answered.

"Yo, Perce," he said inviting me inside.

"Hey. Is Selina here?" I asked.

"Yeah. She's upstairs doing Hades knows what," Beckendorf said motioning to the glossy wood staircase. I thanked him and headed to Selina's bedroom. I knocked and Selina opened up.

"Oh, hey Percy," she said.

"Hey. I kinda might need your help," I said it more like a question than a statement.

"Sure. What can I do for you?"

"Um... well. Annabeth is getting married to my brother..." I trailed off.

"Annabeth is getting married to TYSON?!" I started to laugh.

"Ha-ha! No, Silena. She is getting married to my other brother. He's a half-blood and his name is Michael."

"Oh, thank goodness," Selina said. "So, what can I do? And you sound shocked. You did know that Annabeth would move on right?"

"Oh course I knew she would move on. I told her to! I just didn't think it would be to my brother. Anyways, I need advise, and a tux," I said.

"Okay. Well tux, isn't hard. CHARLIE! BRING ME YOUR TUXEDO! And what kind of advise?"

"First of all, I'm not going to fit into Beckendorf's tux. And I need advise on, well I don't know. I've been following Annabeth around. Of course she sees me, but I don't know if I should go to their wedding. Like, I wasn't invited. I mean obviously, I'm dead."

Selina frowned. Just then Beckendorf came up holding a black tuxedo. Selina took it and in about three minutes, she had sewed it so it fit me perfectly. "Tuxedo, solved. Now advise. I really don't know what to tell you Percy. She knows you are watching over her, and she probably really wants you to be at her wedding. Dead, or alive. I know Annabeth really well and if she gets angry, just melt back to the Underworld."

I nod. "Thanks. I should probably get going then. See you around." With that, I head out of the Underworld.

Annabeth's POV

"Annabeth!" Rachel groaned. "Get up!" I laughed and crawled out of bed. "Finally! Now go. Piper is going to do your hair and makeup." I laughed at Rachel and headed to the bathroom.

Today was my wedding day. Today I would be getting married to Michael. I would much rather be getting married to Percy. Move on. I sigh. I can't dwell on Percy. I'm not going to lie. I really want Percy to come to my wedding. I see him watching me and Michael and it is obvious he wishes he hadn't died. If he hadn't, I would be getting married to Percy right now. At least the wedding was on Percy's birthday. I had demanded it be on August 18, and everybody but Michael knew why.

I sat in front of the mirror, and watched Piper do my hair. She curled it perfectly. The only other thing she did was pin back a strand of loose hair. I watched her apply light make up. I am so grateful for Piper. She is really the only one who helped me get over Percy. And even then, I still let my thoughts wander. I remembered the first time Percy and I met. The first time we kissed. When we started dating, and even those long, painful months without him. In the beginning, my thought are happy and wonderful. But as I go on, all of the memories turn to the ones that led to Percy's death. I tried to hold back tears. I knew Piper would get irritated if I cried letting my makeup drip, but I couldn't help it. My eyes welled up and I looked away from Piper ashamed. It was the day of my wedding, and I was marrying someone I couldn't love.

Piper picked up my chin. "Annabeth, you don't have to go through. I know how hard this is."

I wanted to say, 'as if' but I wouldn't be helping. Instead I said, "Thanks Piper. I really could not get through this without you." I rested my head on her shoulder.

"You guys almost ready?" Rachel called.

"Sure," Piper said smiling before re-applying my make up. Finally, it was time. My friends and I headed to the beach for our wedding.

Third Person POV

Annabeth looked stunning with her perfect curls, light makeup, and dangerous eyes. She had a silk, white dress. The top was a lace fabric with green and grey gems. The dress hugged her body, then swayed out lightly like a sun dress. She had pink roses in her hand. Michael looked exceptional as well. His brown hair was jelled back and his blue eyes sparkled like the ocean. He had on a plain black suit with a white button down. Your classic groom.

The beach was filled with camp friends, family, and even a few mortals, excluding Rachel. Annabeth walked slowly down the beach, glad that she took off her shoes. A little girl from the Athena cabin threw flower petals behind Annabeth as she walked arm in arm with her father. Finally, she reached the podium. Michael was grinning like an idiot. Annabeth smiled slightly before turning to Hera. She talked for a while, but eventually, got onto the vows.

"Do you, Michael Kruger, take Annabeth Chase as your lawfully witted wife?"

"I do."

"And do you, Annabeth Chase, take Michael Kruger as your husband?"

Annabeth hesitated. Move on. "I do."

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride." Michael smiled at me and kissed me with so much passion and love. He hungrily kissed Annabeth. Annabeth did the same, just to a much lower degree. The crowd cheered. Annabeth blushed. Then she saw her.

Aphrodite was sitting in the middle of the crowd with her arms crossed, angrily glaring at Michael. I knew that Percy and I were her favorite couple, but I hadn't expected this. He died. I reminded myself. But then, I saw him. I the back corner of the beach was a shimmering spirit. It was clearly Percy. His untamed hair, green eyes, and tuxedo. I couldn't help but to smile. Percy looked at me with so much hurt, pain, and sadness. His eyes looked like rain clouds. There was no thunder or lightning. It was just the cloud. Tears ran down his face. I tore away my gaze and found Aphrodite. She hadn't noticed Percy yet. We met each other's eyes, and I led them over to the spirit Percy. Aphrodite gasped. She hadn't expected Percy to be here.

Aphrodite moaned. She walked to Percy. They had a quick conversation. Percy's eyes boiled with rage. I stepped away from Michael for a moment. He quickly grabbed my arm. I sighed. I caught one last look at Percy's sadness, then headed to Camp with Michael.

Percy's POV

You have no idea what it is like to see your love being taken away from you within a mater of two words, 'I do'. I felt my eyes stinging. I couldn't help it any more. I let my tears fall. It hurt to see Annabeth being torn away. It hurt to see Annabeth with another guy. But most of all, it hurt to be without her. Percy had dreamed of the day when Annabeth and him would get married. They would live in New Rome. Percy sighed as he caught Annabeth's eyes. She was tearing. She quickly turned away. Then, I saw Aphrodite coming over to me.

"Lady Aphrodite," I said.

"Stop it Perseus. I have about two minutes to explain. Please listen. You would have lived if it weren't for Zeus. He was the one who told Apollo not to heal you. He let you die. We took a vote, only your father wasn't there. They let you die." Thunder boomed. "I must get going. Percy, please don't do anything stupid. I'll talk with you later." And with that, she disappeared. I was very confused, but I understood this much. Zeus had decided to let me die. Rage boiled up inside me. I disappeared into the Underworld. There was a good chance that the Lord of the Sky wouldn't live another week.