3

Zeus's POV

I felt bad about Percy's death, trust me. But I couldn't help but think we had made the right decision.

Flashback

The Olympian council had gathered to discuss the matter of the Giant war. Eleven Olympian gods. Minus Poseidon. I knew all gods were supposed to attend meetings, but this one I had to do without Poseidon.

"So," I began. "We are nearing the war with Gaea. I have arranged a deal with the giants that if one of the seven dies, they will go easier on our beloved children." There was a tension in the air. "The death of this half-blood will result in us winning the war." Athena, Aphrodite, Ares, Hades, and Hephaestus looked worried. Then the council realized why Poseidon wasn't here.

"Oh," whispered Aphrodite.

"Yes," I continued. "The one to sacrifice shall be Perseus Jackson. All in favor, please say I." I got I's from myself, Hera, Athena, Ares, Dionysus, and Demeter. The gods who disagreed were Apollo, Artemis, Hermes, Hephaestus, and Aphrodite. "The odds are in favor. Perseus Jackson shall be the sacrificed one. Council dismissed!" The gods disappeared.

End of Flashback

I sighed with my head in my hands. What have I done? Poseidon hasn't been out of his realm since his son's death. I knew I would have to come clean eventually, but not yet. I could hide the decision for a little bit longer. Maybe we would have a council meeting tomorrow and I would demand Poseidon come. I could admit there. I knew what I did was wrong, but it had to be done, in order to save the world.

Hades' POV

I sat in my palace with Nico considering the new I had heard from Zeus. I cannot fathom why my brother would kill my nephew without asking his father. I wanted to tell Percy and Nico, but I knew I would rather be dead than deal with Zeus's wrath.

"Lord," said the fates in unison. "We are to arrive on Olympus at tomorrows meeting to discuss the, ah, problem at hand." I nodded. The fates left and I looked over at Nico. He had his brows furrowed, yet he looked so peaceful as he slept. Why is my brother so cruel?

Poseidon's POV

I sat in my throne room staring off into space. My wife sat next to me weaving together seaweed. I sighed and thought about my son. Why did he have to die? My favorite son. Of all people. I wondered what Percy was doing right now. The more I thought about Percy, the more the tears threatened to fall. Stop thinking! You aren't Athena!

Athena. That daughter of Athena, Annabeth Chase. I had been keeping an eye on her after Percy died. She had locked herself in her cabin for twelve days. If possible, she was doing worse than me. Then, I thought of Sally. My beautiful, mortal wife. I missed her. When Grover had delivered the news, she broke down sobbing. She had Paul to comfort her, but it clearly wasn't helping. I sighed again. Then, the tears began to roll down my face once more.

"Oh Poseidon. Put a sock in it!" I growled at my wife. I know that she hated Percy, but after I had lost him, she gave me no time to grieve. She hadn't shed a single tear.

"Get out," I growled. She looked hurt, but she knew that I had the power to destroy her, and she swam away. After a few moments, I felt my brother's presence in the water. I didn't even tense. I could blast him out of the water, but I was to upset. I saw Zeus come into the palace.

"Brother," I sniffed. Zeus looked pained to see me this way.

"We have a mandatory meeting tomorrow. You MUST attend," Zeus announced. With that, he left, and I didn't even acknowledge his existence. Oh, Percy. Why did you have to leave us?