Epilogue

Author's Note: So a lot of you, and I really mean a LOT, have been asking for a sequel.
The thing is, I want to try a slightly different genre with my next story (mystery and romance) so maybe after Love, Your Assassin's done I might take up a sequel of this, but don't hold your breath. I'm sorry.

Anywhoo, hope this epilogue is up to your expectations and what you wished and hoped for ^_^

------------------------------------------

"Mommy, you've gotta see this. Come on!" The little boy yelled excitedly, his small lips forming an O in amazement.
He had short, light brown hair, a lot like mine, and chocolate coloured eyes that were unmistakably lit up with mischief, just like...Aaron's.

With a sudden jolt, my heart went into overdrive. It literally felt like I'd been electrocuted for a second. The little kid was...my son.

Our son.

Just the thought knocked the wind out of my lungs and sent little ecstatic chills through me.
I'd barely had enough time to regain my composure when I heard another excited squeal, the voice sounding like that of a little girl this time.
As I walked into the living room, a second surreal wave of happy shock engulfed me because we not only had a son, but also a daughter.

There she was – sitting on Aaron's back while he did push ups – giggling uncontrollably, causing her dark brown curls to bounce around her shoulders and a pink tint to creep up on her flawless cheeks from laughing so hard.

"Careful there, Aaron. Wouldn't want you to break a bone now, would we?" I said jokingly as I walked closer to the trio.

But the cocky retort that I expected never came. He didn't even look at me. It was as if he hadn't heard me at all; like I wasn't there.
Confused and terrified, I reached out to ruffle the little boy's hair but my hand hit only a cold, hard surface.

I was trapped!
Trapped behind solid glass. I could see them, but they didn't even know I was there. It felt as if the walls were closing in on me and it was getting harder to breathe. The more I struggled against the glass, the thicker it got.

My heart pounded frantically and even though somewhere deep in my subconscious I knew something was amiss, all I could focus on were the three people in front of me. I couldn't afford to lose them.
I couldn't afford to lose my–

And that's when my eyes flew wide open with a start.

Family.

I'd just dreamt about having my own freaking family!

I stifled a small gasp of shock, not quite ready to come to terms with my dreams yet.
As my eyes slowly adjusted and took in the warm sunlight filtering in through the windows and the familiar white curtains of our room, my heart finally unclenched and slowed down a little.

"Morning, beautiful."

A smile made its way onto my face as Aaron kissed my bare shoulder and gave me a lazy grin, his minty breath chasing away the last of the hazy wisps of my terrifying dream.

"Good morning."

"Really? That's all I get; a boring old good morning?" He asked, feigning hurt.

Trying my best to hold back the smile, I bit my lip and nodded slowly.

In a split second, a familiar pair of hands gripped my waist and he flipped me over, hovering above me with his lips inches from mine. "I like my greetings in kind, sunshine." He whispered.

I let out a chuckle and raised an eyebrow in amusement, to which he replied by only pressing our bodies closer together.
Instinctively my back arched up so I could get a taste of those sinful lips, but he quickly shifted out of my reach, only to move in closer again seconds later.