Chapter 13 - Battle Of Morality

Aaron's P.O.V.

No one had ever punched me and remained unharmed before.

Any guy who'd picked a fight with me had ended up with a broken limb, swollen face or at least a few cuts and gruesome bruises.

But what could I have done against her?

I would never hit a girl and she looked so hurt and broken that I didn't have the heart to retaliate with any more rude remarks.

She said I broke her heart...

Wait!

So that means she actually liked me.

Why does that make me feel so happy?

I'm supposed to be heartless and not feel anything. She's just like any other ordinary girl from my school. So why haven't I felt anything like this for the rest of the girls I've been with?

Cause she's anything but ordinary.

The voice in my head was right. Avery was a lot of things but ordinary wasn't one of them.

Damn it.

Stop!

If the badass player starts having thoughts like these, the puny nerds will have to take over the world.

Are you going to do something about this or does Avery have to punch you a few more times before you realise you like her back?

There is no way in hell that is true.

Aaron Miller does not like girls. He uses them and then pretends they never existed.

Get off your high horse, you blind fool. She's messing with your head and that means you really like her.

Hell to the no.

Denial, denial, denial. Shows that you really really like her.

Okay, fine!

You're right, you stupid, irritating voice.

I sort of like her...but it's not like I'm gonna go tell her that. She punched me and I'm sure as hell not about to go apologising or giving her the satisfaction of hearing me say that I like her.

I'd tell you that you're being a class A jerk, but you already know that so it won't make a difference.

C'mon! You can't expect me to apologise after she punched me. In front of the whole school that too!

My pride will never allow that.

Very well. Find a way to tell her how you feel without apologising then.

Hmm...good idea.

You're not as dumb as I thought, voice.

I had a somewhat genius plan forming in my head, that wouldn't involve having to apologise and neither would I have to tell her how I felt.

I quickly texted Avery, telling her to meet me in the same alley behind school.

Now I could only hope that she'd agree to come.

~*~

Avery's P.O.V.

We need 2 talk. I hav 2 tell u sumthing. Meet me in the alley @ 6.

What else was left to say?

Maybe he wanted to...apologise.

My heart leaped at the thought, but I crushed that hope before it could fuel anymore wishful thoughts.