Chapter 8 - No Scowling, No Smirking. Just Smile

Monday mornings. Gosh, how I loved them...
Not!

The worst part about running late is that I have to skip breakfast and I simply cannot live with that. (What can I say? When it comes to food, the only thing I don't like is not eating.)

Anyway, I was usually the 'early to bed, early to rise' kind of person, but Monday was just not my day. It felt as if the Gods above were out to get me. I couldn't find a proper top to wear and I could have sworn my socks and sneakers were evading me on purpose! To top it all off, my backpack split open at the seams. Out came all the junk that had been stuffed inside.

I heard my mom gasp but I was too late to care. As I bounded up the stairs to find a new bag, she said, "Good God, Avery! I thought that was supposed to a backpack! There seems to be more stuffing in it than even a Christmas turkey."

Trust my mom to make such annoying remarks at all the wrong times. I rolled my eyes and ran out the front door, desperately hoping that hadn't forgotten anything and would make it to school on time.

~*~

"Good morning, class. Our topic for today-"

"I'm here! I made it!"

Oops. Shouldn't have announced my arrival I thought to myself, as each and every head in class turned to look at me.
Note to self: Never attempt to make a grand, 'fashionably late' entry, because only girls in the movies can pull it off. When you try, you end up looking like a constipated porcupine instead.

The teacher, thankfully, was kind enough not to give me detention. As I walked to my seat, I heard a few whispers of "feeling like Albert Einstein, today? Your hair sure looks the part" and "now you know how it feels to wear cotton candy on your hair".
Damn the violent wind that had blown through my hair on my way to school. Actually, I had run all the way, so it probably wasn't too surprising that I looked like a total disaster.
Great! Now I had to roam around for a whole five hours with a freaking bird nest piled on top of my head. Could life get any worse?

~*~

Yes. Life could definitely get worse and more embarrassing!

What can be worse than having a bad hair day and being made fun of by your classmates?
The answer is, having a bad hair day and being made fun of by the one person you hate the most!

After coming home from school, I logged in to Facebook, since I didn't have anything better to do. I had a few messages from my usual friends and one friend request. My eyes almost popped out of their sockets when I saw 'Aaron Miller wants to be friends with you on Facebook'. I was just about to click 'delete request', when I got a new message.

Aaron Miller
Start over as friends?

It was from none other than the devil's spawn himself. He could genuinely want to start over as friends, or this could just be another one of his games.
Even if this was a part of some diabolical plot of his, I guess adding him on Facebook couldn't do much damage. So I replied to his message and accepted his request.

Avery Gradson
Sounds good, but friends actually need to know each other. We are more like acquaintances or something.

Aaron Miller
So why don't we change that?

Btw you should post a snap of your epic 'Einstein meets cotton candy' hairstyle! :P

Avery Gradson

And how do you plan on doing that?

OMG. Shut up! :$

Aaron Miller