Chapter 7 - Payback's A Bitch

I woke up to the sound of Shanaya groaning and running to the bathroom. I'd seen this happen quite a few times before, so I wasn't worried and a few minutes later when she came out complaining about an exploding pain in her skull, I didn't care much to move.

I was too sleepy to deal with her 'after-party' antics. Besides, I never really understood why people voluntarily chose to get drunk when they knew that a pounding headache and a crappy mood were going to follow. It made me very glad that I had been sensible enough not to do anything crazy at the party yesterday.

Oh boy! The party yesterday...

I sat up straight — all the grogginess suddenly gone — as the events of the previous night flooded back into my mind.

Yes. I would definitely have to do something drastic if I wanted to get revenge on Aaron. But what could I do that would catch a guy like him off guard? I mean, I wasn't that pretty so I couldn't use my looks to charm him. And I wasn't the sassy, 'playfully teasing' kind either.

At that moment, my stomach grumbled loudly, reminding me that my superior revenge plot would have to wait until after breakfast.

~*~

Since there was no school today, I was going to have to carry out my plan elsewhere, which was obviously going to add a layer of difficulty since I'd actually have to get him to go somewhere. But other than that, the plan was simple: I was going to do the exact same thing to Aaron that he had done to me. I was going to tease him into wanting me.

Okay. Easier said than done.
I never had been the kinky one and he wasn't stupid. He would know something was up if I randomly started hitting on him.
After a lot of debating with myself, I finally went with what seemed like the easiest option— I texted him.

We need to talk about yesterday.

He replied a few minutes later.

Nothin 2 talk bout

I wasn't going to give up so easily this time. I texted him back and left no room for an argument.

Meet me in the alley behind school in 15 mins.

I pressed send, hoping he would fall for the 'we need to talk' ruse and went to my closet to search for the appropriate attire. I didn't have any clothes that suited what I was about to do, so I started rummaging through Shanaya's. I tried on a pairing I thought might work, and went to take a peek at myself in the mirror.

The girl I saw looking back at me was wearing shorts— really short shorts — and a dark plaid shirt with quite a few buttons undone, paired with tall platform lace-up boots.

God, I looked perfectly slutty.
I was so incredibly uncomfortable with myself...I didn't usually have the confidence to pull off such outfits, but I knew it was just what I needed. I had no other choice. If I was going to do this, I had to go all in.

With a renewed spring in my step, I started walking towards the school. I had told Aaron to meet me in the alley because it was always deserted and mostly because that was the first place that had come to mind. I wasn't sure if he would even show up.

As more minutes passed, my nerves started to get the better of me.
Who was I kidding? I was the good girl. I wasn't built for these kinds of games! What if he never showed? And even if he did turn up, what was I going to do?

You are going to show him that even you can drive him crazy, a little voice in my head said.

Yes! That was what I was going to do. I was going to show that arrogant ass that he wouldn't get his way every time. He wasn't the boss of me. I was going to-

"Well, well. Hello to the good girl: second edition! I never imagined you...like this. "

And that was it. Seeing his cocky smirk, all my nervousness melted away. In its place, I found courage and confidence that I never knew I had.
Classic 'good girl Avery' would have taken one look at Aaron and melted into the pavement right there, but she wasn't here. I was here instead and I wanted revenge.

Tossing away all my inhibitions, I scrunched up the soft fabric of his shirt between my fingers and pulled him closer to me.
His expression went from amused to startled within a split second, only to be replaced by a look of pure desire. His eyes darkened and I could see the lust burning in them.

As I ran my finger down his chest, he let out a low growl and gripped my waist. When he pulled me closer I let my hands tangle in his hair, slowly biting my lip and giving him a smile. I stood on my tip toes; our lips so close to brushing against each other, I could feel his cool breath mingling with my own.

"Stop teasing, Avery." He pleaded in a husky voice. His eyes had glazed over and he dipped his head lower.
Right before our lips connected, I turned my head slightly, whispering in his ear.

"Payback's a bitch."

I slipped out of his arms and gave him a smirk before walking away.

He was standing in that alley with an expression so dumbfounded it made me feel like I had just won a million dollars.

------------------------------------------

Author's Note: She did it :D Go, Avery!

Fun, don't you think? ;)

Sorry that it's so short and maybe not as good as it could've bern, but I really was 'in the zone' for uploading today xP

Song: Say Something by Austine Mahone

Don't forget to tell me what's on your mind.
And how you feel about this epic 'stand up to Aaron' chapter? ^^

xoxo
~ Av ~