Chapter 22: The Golf Cart Scenario

• Dedicated to My New Fans - Thank You!

       The words Jordan told me rang in my head all night. I barely got a wink of sleep all night verses Jordan that slept like a log...whatever that meant. I might be worrying over nothing but, Jordan might be right. What if the ride back turns into a complete disaster? I know that worry is a waste of emotion, but I can't help it. Aiden has probably gone through hell and Jordan isn't making any promises on making things better.  

I turned and looked at the clock it was seven a.m. Aiden had promised to call me when they let him out, and I figured it would be soon, but I wasn't too sure. I looked over to a shirtless Jordan that was splurged over the tiny couch. It was times like this when I was reminded that we weren't really siblings. That was a weird thought, but anyway.  After a long hot night in Arizona I was wishing for something cooler to wear too. I felt bad that he had slept on that sorry excuse of a couch all night. I mean don't get me wrong, this bed was not a Hilton five star bed, but I could bet a stiff neck that it was more comfortable - and yet he slept and I didn't.

So after a long night of black and white movies and popcorn we went to bed. I offered to share the bed, but he made some joke about not being able to control his teenage hormones. I remember being too tired to even roll my eyes. I swear sometimes Jordan was too much, but I loved him. I think he was just trying to be nice, and give me the whole bed.

     I got out of bed and started the coffee maker with a packet of complementary coffee from the hotel. I looked at the shower with longing, but I hadn't brought extra clothes so that would have to wait until I got home. Luckily there were new packaged toothbrushes in the cabinet and toothpaste. I brushed my teeth and fought with my eyelids, willing them to stay open. Funny how the moment I get out of bed my eyelids wanted to shut. I tried to make the bed the way I found it, and that was close to impossible. I must say hats off to those maids; they made these beds look like origami art. I was almost afraid to touch it when I first came in. Imagine my disappointment, when I laid down and preferred the bed to be made of paper then whatever it was that I was laying on.

       I heard some stirring in the living room, slash dining room, slash bedroom. I quickly turned off the faucet and dried my face. Jordan was up and drinking coffee. 

"Good morning sleepy head!" I chirped.  

" I could have slept more if you had not had a session of Niagara Falls in there. Didn't anyone ever tell you to conserve water, we're in recession." He said dully.

"Oh you're grumpy in the morning!" I said teasingly.

"Ba-humbug! I could have sworn you told me once, that you weren't a morning person either!" He said still half asleep.  

"I'm not...but today is different!" I smiled.

"I think I'm going to be sick!" He joked and made a gagging gesture.

"You're such a dork!" I laughed.  

"I'm serious. You two better keep that love-dovey stuff to below minimum, or I'm jumping out of the car." He said before drinking a long gulp. My throat burned just watching him drink it. How did he do that?