Chapter 19: The Not So Mr.Understanding

I looked at the clock that read five forty-five in the morning. I'd been up the better part of the night tossing and turning. It's been a couple days since I talked to Aiden. I've kept communication to a minimum with the outside world. It's only been Cameron and me these couple of days. I have to say that as of right now, it's been bitter sweet moments.

My trip to the doctors came with good news. I just found out that I can take off the temporary cast in about two weeks. My dad told me I could go back to school when I was ready. I'm actually glad I am going back to school soon. The old me would've slapped the now me silly for those words. A month ago I would have killed to be in this situation, staying out of school was my main objective, but I miss everybody. The sad thing is that Cameron is returning to London today. I didn't want him to go. I was tempted all through the night to chain him to his bed till he missed his flight. Okay not really, but this really sucks. I know I'm sulking, but hey, my leg still hurts, I have a couple weeks left to pity-party. I heard a knock on my door that jolted me out of my thoughts.

"Maddy are you coming?" My Dad asked though the door. I just hate when parents ask obvious questions. Are you dressed? When he can see I haven't even brushed my teeth yet. Hey, are you still sleeping? Well I was until you woke me up!

I said clearly to him yesterday. Dad, I'm coming with you tomorrow to take Cameron, but he still asks me am I coming? Parents, can't live with them and...yeah that's all I got. I opened the door and gave him my best, you know, that I know, that you know the answer to that, look, and as confusing as it sounds...he got the message.

"If you're coming we need to go now, we don't want Cameron to be hanging to a wing when the planes taking off." He said dramatically. That made me want to laugh, but I know better than to encourage his imagination

"Really Dad? A wing?" I said faking annoyed and wanting so bad to laugh.

"Yes really, and if I had it my way you would be hanging on with me!" Cameron came into the room all packed and ready to go.

"You're evil, pulling on a poor defenseless girl's emotions like that!" I said shaking my head in light hearted disapproval.

"Maddy you are neither poor, nor defenseless. Your dad made sure of the first one and I made sure of the second one." He said proudly.

"I know, but the damsel in distress is so much more fun, don't you think?" We both laughed at the inside joke. That spurred a memory of Cameron and I at a party about two years back. I had been cornered by this guy. He had crossed the line with me fifteen minutes past and I had had enough of his horrible pick up lines and obnoxious comments. He was drunk and I was tired.

Instead of my typical kick your butt till you scream mercy, routine I opted for a more intriguing way out. I started crying hysterically and screaming leave me alone and about four random guys came out of nowhere to team up on him. Cameron was about to be the fifth when he looked at me, and I smiled and walked towards the door. He met me at the doorway.

"Oh, your good!" Cameron smirked.

"You don't know the half of it...remember the damsel in distress always wins." I smiled.

"And so the student surpasses the master!" He bowed.