Chapter 16: The Next Day

• Dedicated to To all the Watties that post Comments the make me laugh! XD

Aiden's P.O.V

All I saw was her body cascade across the floor...lifeless. I didn't think I just ran. I charged towards Rettler and threw him to the ground. Blinding pain and anger rushed through my veins. Maddy was on the ground and she wasn't moving. I grabbed his neck and I couldn't let go. All I knew was if Maddy didn't wake he wasn't going to either.

Zac's P.O.V

I turned to see why everybody was looking past me in horror. I turned to see Maddy on the floor. I pushed passed all the crowed to see her bleeding from her head. The punch had split all over her dress. My heart wanted to stop, but I willed it to keep going as I ran to Trish's side next to Maddy. I heard a frantic voice screaming her name, and then I realized it was mine.

Trish's P.O.V

Why would someone do this to her? I pushed myself out of Derek's arms and ran to her unconscious body. I could hear Zac's voice echoing in my ear but it was so far away. I looked over to Aiden. His eyes let out tears but I could see in his face he wasn't there. I yelled to Jordan and Derek to stop Aiden before it was too late. I pushed a lock of hair out of her face. Why would someone do this to her?

Jordan's P.O.V

I was in complete shock until Trish yelled my name to stop Aiden. I glanced over in what felt like slow motion. I ran with Derek towards Aiden. We struggled to separate his hands from Rettler neck. Rettler threw a punch the moment Aiden let go. Derek grabbed Rettler and punched him in the face. Before I could comprehend what was happening dozens of other guys jumped in. They didn't know what was going on. All they knew was the people they hated were hurting the people they loved. The hatred was to strong and whatever happened each school was for their own.

Maddy's P.O.V  

I heard a faint, constant beep in the distance. All of a sudden excruciating pain wrapped up my whole body. My breath quickened along with the beeping. I heard stirring in the room as I fluttered my eyes open. I was in a hospital room. The memories of last night flooded in. Tears escaped my eyes. 

"Shh...everything's alright now. You're going to be okay." I heard a familiar voice say. It was my Dad. I could see the dark circles under his eyes. I saw the sunlight shining through the windows. Had he been here all night?

"Nurse! Nurse she's up!" He screamed outside.

"Madeline I'm going to need you to stay with me okay." She spoke to me clearly. I nodded my head but I was so sleepy. I just wanted to close my eye. I felt my blinks get slower. Two doctors ran in after the nurse.

"Maddy fight!" My Dad urged. Why did I have to fight. Why couldn't I just sleep?

"Daddy?" I said in a raspy unfamiliar voice. My screams from last night still echoed though my head.

"Yes honey it's me. Please try to stay awake." He begged softly.

"Daddy I'm so tired." I said faintly,I didnt even recognize my voice.

"We have to keep her awake or she could slide back into the coma!" One of the doctors ordered.