14| Game Plan

F O U R T E E N
Lawfully Dysfunctional

'Touchdown!' Mr. Vanderbilt yelled, and fist bumped Marc. I sighed and motioned Delilah to come over, who dragged her feet on the floor and came towards me.

'These boys don't seem to want to do anything.' Delilah complained. 'They could have sat at home and watched sports.'

'Lets go for a swim in the lake, they can join us if they want to and if they don't, then too bad for them.' I pulled my hair into a pony tail.

'That will be fun.' She smiled. We changed into our respective swimsuits which were hidden under the shorts and tops we wore over it. Delilah informed the guys of our plan and we set out with a bag in hand which was set onto a stone.

We dipped our feet into the lake slowly, testing the water before we waded in deeper.

'The waters a little deeper over here.' I swam in Delilah's direction. The water was unnaturally clean due to it's location which was set well away from the denser parts of settlement.

The swimming was tiring and two hours later my entire body felt stiff, so I tried to float with my eyes half closed. Well, Delilah was the one who was holding me up using her hands, but that's a different matter.

We swam till the shore and scrambled onto dry land, crawling on our bellies.

'I'm so tired.' I groaned.

'Me too.' Delilah echoed. We saw tall dark figures approaching us and we sat cross legged, I draped my towel over my shoulders. The mysterious figures were revealed and I consciously adjusted my bikini straps well.

Mr. Vanderbilt's eyes skimmed over my body as inconspicuously as he could, but that wasn't good enough. He looked away and I felt my cheeks warming up.

The slight stretch marks on my thighs made me feel uncomfortable, so I crossed my ankles together tightly and placed the towel over my legs. He could see my sexy shoulders if he wished.

'You have tanned a lot.' Dimwit told Delilah who looked confused. She raised her hands to check it out but shrugged.

'Doesn't look like it.' And ofcourse it wouldn't be the case, since Deli was someone who slapped on layers of sunscreen to protect her extra sensitive, sunburn prone skin from the harsh rays.

'Yeah Dimitri, it doesn't look like it.' Marc echoed in a teasing tone. I wasn't sure but I had a feeling that Marc was still trying to pair me up with him. I nonchantantly moved my bikini top strap to check the extent of my tan. It did look like I had tanned a lot.

'Maybe my eyes were still adjusting to the light.' The topic was brushed off.

Despite being with a man who I'd rather not be near, the mini getaway from city life turned out to be worth it. We spent the next two days goofing around and eating croissants. The downside was that the pizza delivery wasn't available to a location far off from its base, so we had to make do with the cooking that was done by the boys and us alternatively. I especially made sure that when I was eating food cooked by Dimwit I was extra picky.

On the fourth day we reluctantly locked up the doors of the house and dragged our luggage to the car, but just to enjoy the weekend till the fullest we made plans to laze around on the beach for a majority of the day.

The beach was an hour away in the opposite direction to our destination. It was a great day to spend at the beach, the sky was the bluest colour I had ever seen, and as we slowly approached it, I could see sea gulls soaring and skimming the surface of the water.

It wasn't very crowded, apart from a group of boys and girls who seemed to be doing the same weekend getaway as us, or maybe they were just locals.

I stepped out of the car, laughing when Marc held the door open for me and winked playfully. My feet almost instant instantly felt grainy and soft.

'Excuse me!' A teenaged boy called, causing all our heads to snap towards his direction. 'You guys are on private property.'

Dimwit's forehead furrowed, and she shook his head confidently.

'I haven't been here for a long time, but I know that this is a public beach.' He informed them. The other boys face cracked into a grin and his posture relaxed.

'You're right, this is public property, but this is our area and everyone knows that.' All his friends came together to stand in a circle, there was one blonde boy whose stare unnerved me. His eyes grazed Deli and my body, and I shuffled closer to Marc.

'Listen here boy-' Dimwit started bit was cut off by the assumed leader.

'I'm not a dog, and I'm not a small boy.' He mumbled.

'Doesn't matter boy, if you cause any of us trouble, we'll make sure you fall into trouble. This isn't a threat but a friendly warning, so now will there be a problem?' Dimwit asked, his voice was form and strong.

'We are just messing with y'all. Why don't you come and play a game of beach volleyball with us, we were just going to start a new game.' The leader suggested.

We all looked at each other and agreed, we had nothing better to do and a friendly gane would do. Te only problem was that I didn't know how to play it and I didn't want to make a fool of myself.

'I'm Dimitri and that's Delilah and Marc.' He pointed at the respected people, but left me out.

'And I'm Freya.' I stepped forward, raising my hand for a shake. 'It's a pleasure to meet you.'

'Such a pretty name for a pretty lady.' I heard a snort of disbelief from Dimwit, probably couldn't digest the fact that some people thought I was a lady. Or that I was pretty.

'I'm Garrett.' He introduced himself and the rest proceeded to tell their names, the creepy one was named Louis.

'Thank you!' I chirped. 'Can we start playing?' I asked a little eagerly.

'Sure! As soon as the teams have been made.' I groaned mentally, but on the outside I had a bright smile.

The captains were made Dimwit and Garrett, whose first choice was Creepy Louis, who was still looking at me like I was his favourite toy.

I guess I would have to fake an injury and get out of this game after all.

___________*___________

A/N: READ, VOTE and COMMENT!