1| Drink It Up

O N E
Lawfully Dysfunctional

'Four shots coming right up!' I poured the alcohol is the four small glasses and placed them in front of my waiting customers, out of whom one was already drunk out of her mind.

They quickly threw the drink down their throats and I sat on a metal stool with my elbows propped on the bar. As the last drop entered their throats they let out a war cry and charged to the dance floor, swinging their hips and bobbing their head to the loud beats.

'A cherry vodka.' I turned towards my newly arrived customer who gave me a charming smile.

'Give me a minute.' I saw him looking in my direction and I smiled.

'I find female bartenders incredibly sexy.' He casually told me and I rolled my eyes.

'Tell me one I haven't heard before Marcus.' I grinned.

'Madam you look ravishing in this splendid attire.' He said, commenting about my plain t-shirt and jeans. I laughed and shook my head at him.

'Believe it or not, I've heard that too.'

'Damn.' He snapped his fingers, picking up the glass in front of him and taking a tentative sip.

'You know exactly how to perfect this Freya, it's delicious.'

'A cherry vodka tastes the same no matter who makes it.' I shook my head. 'There is obviously something you want, you are flattering me too much today.'

'I'm offended!' He kept his hand over his heart. 'Do you think so little of me?'

'I know you Marc, we've been friends for too long for me to not have a clue.'

'Well, I'm not lying, I'm just here to meet my beautiful friend.' He drummed his fingers lightly on the table. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion.

'Spill.' I ordered.

'Okay, I just need a little favour, like really, tiny in size.' He confessed and I took a sip from his glass, waving my hand for him to continue.

'I need you to tell my father that I have an important meeting and that's the reason I can't attend the event planned for the weekend.' He smiled.

Marc's father, Nathan Litton was a man with very few words, but with an imagination and vision for great things. His love did not stop at family and anyone who came into his good books would be considered blessed for life.

With blonde hair and brown eyes, his son Marc looked like a carbon copy, the only difference was the slight one in attitude, but he was none less and was the heir to the Litton and Company group.

'Why don't you tell him yourself? I'm sure he will give the same verdict as if it was coming out of my mouth, it will be less suspicious in fact.' I said and a small frown came over his face.

'I suck at lying and you know that.'

'So you think I'm a liar?' I cocked an eyebrow.

'Not a liar but my father seems to trust you and Delilah more than me.' He said mentioning his sister and my best friend.

'That's because our lies are so much more believable, you literally once told him that the reason you reached school late was an alien invasion, I don't know whether it was pressure or not, but that reason was stupid.'