9- Try

It was night time, and as usual, the Payne household was buzzing with conversation, games and mostly the wedding planning since it was only two weeks away now.

Kevin and Vanessa were both going to have their Bachelor's party a day before their wedding and even though Kevin was against the idea of even having a bachelor's party in the first place, Blake had convinced him otherwise.

Scarlet and Lauren were still not talking but since the wedding was so close, they were piled up with preparations and didn't even feel the need to converse.

Everyone was busy in doing something that concerned the wedding ceremony.

Blake and Scarlet had gone to buy their suits because they were the only ones that still had nothing to wear. Lauren and Juliet had gone to buy dresses with the Payne women when Blake and Scarlet weren't home, so they couldn't go with them.

"How does this one look?" Blake held out another black suit as he looked at his cousin who looked bored. Since, the wedding had no such thing as a dress code, Scarlet and Blake were told to select any suit that they liked.

Scarlet was done with selecting her suit, she was just waiting for Blake to decide, which he was finding hard to do.

"That's the sixth black suit. It's good though, just like the previous five." Scarlet mumbled as she looked at Blake with a bored look.

"You could at least humor me." Blake pouted as he went back to the racks of suits lined up. Scarlet sighed before she got her phone out of her jeans pocket.

Going to the contact list, Scarlet scrolled down to the name she had on her mind ever since the almost kiss that Lauren and her shared. She was deciding if she should call or not, it's not like she would know who called her.

Scarlet had changed her phone when she came to her hometown, with only her heart just the same. Everything else was different, her hairstyle, her clothing style, her attitude to things in life, everything was different than the time she left her hometown to pursue a career in the magazine industry.

She had promised herself to never regret her decisions but here she was, regretting them more than anything. She regretted ever meeting Stewart, ever working for him, ever bumping into Katie at the diner she frequented. But most of all, she regretted ever meeting Lauren, who she met at a photo shoot.

Lauren had looked beautiful at the time with her face clean of makeup and her smile just as bright as ever. Scarlet would've asked for the model's number if she hadn't already gotten a girlfriend.

But now, when Katie had broken her trust and her heart, Scarlet couldn't help but to think if she could have something with Lauren. They were just about to kiss when her two annoying cousins interrupted them.

Shaking her head from all those thoughts, she tapped the name and stood up while placing the phone to her ear.

Scarlet glanced at Blake who was busy looking at suits, before she stepped out of the store. The ringing was still there, and Scarlet was now beginning to wonder if she would pick up her phone or not.

Blake, noticed that Scarlet wasn't in the store anymore, and decided to investigate as to where she went. He found her standing outside the store and the way Scarlet was close to the door, he could hear everything.

"Hey......Katie?" The way Blake's eyes widened, it felt like they were going to pop right out. Scarlet had a serious look on her face as she began to walk away from the store.

Blake looked at her leave through the doorway of the store, but didn't follow her. He had heard enough.

"Are you buying this one?" A male worker came over to him and asked with a polite smile sent his way. Blake nodded and the worker began to walk over to the paying area.