3- The Reminder

When Lauren woke up the next morning, she expected the house to be as loud as it was last night but she was only greeted with silence. Confused, she got out of the bed she was sharing with Vanessa, while Scarlet lay on a movable mattress on the floor. 

She yawned as she stretched her hands, and looked at Scarlet sleep.

'She looks so cute.' She thought to herself with a smile as the said girl tossed and turned before settling down in a comfortable position, snoring away.

She looked at the girl a last time before walking into the walk in bathroom, to make herself a bit presentable.

Last night was a whirlwind of emotions as Lauren had hugged Scarlet close to her as Scarlet cried her eyes out. Lauren was also a bit ashamed of lying to her but she was also happy that it all worked out.

Scarlet had opened up to her and she was willing to let her stay for as long as she wanted, and Lauren mentally planned to stay till the other girl did.

After showering and brushing her teeth, she made her way back into the room where she saw an awake Scarlet. Vanessa was awake as well and yawning with her hands outstretched. 

"You look like a cat." Scarlet commented as she threw a pillow at her older sister, who was caught off guard as the pillow hit her in the face.

"Oh, you are so dead." Vanessa threatened as she grabbed the same pillow to throw it at her little sister. "Ha, in your dreams, short stuff." 

Lauren knew that she was completely ignored by the two siblings but she didn't care as the two threw pillows at each other, she was happy to see Scarlet a little happier than last night.

Lauren had been introduced to Scarlet's family as she was going to be staying at their house for a while. She met Scarlet's father, mother, her older sister, and her little cousin, Gregory. The rest of the family was not officially introduced to the girl as she had gone out to take that walk with Scarlet.

She blushed as she remembered last night, the way they were so close to each other. Her face was completely heating up while still remembering the moment they shared, when Vanessa noticed the red faced girl standing in the doorway of the bathroom.

"Why is she so red?" Scarlet was about to throw a pillow back at her sister when she turned to look at where Vanessa was pointing.

Scarlet stood up quickly as she went towards Lauren, "Are you okay?" Scarlet shook Lauren out of her reverie, giving her a worried look as Lauren came back to her surroundings.

"What?"

"Are you okay? You're so red." Scarlet looked at Lauren with her eyebrow raised in curiosity. "I was just um remembering something."

Lauren looked away from Scarlet and went towards her bag to get a pair of shoes out. Vanessa and Scarlet glanced at each other before shrugging and fighting to go to the bathroom first.

The Payne household, in the morning was like a lion's den as everyone had a bad temper especially, granny Payne.

Lauren hadn't met granny Payne yet and as she saw the old woman nag to her oldest son, Scarlet's father, she concluded that it wasn't a good time to introduce herself. 

The whole house felt like it was invaded by zombies as everyone walked slow and talked like little kids with head nods and gestures. Lauren smiled when she saw Scarlet as fresh as a daisy, playing with Gregory, in the back yard.