4- That's Love

Lauren had come back home with the other women of the Payne household and Scarlet had yet to come back to her house and all her family members were worried, well except for granny Payne, who was busy patting Pudding. Lauren was the most worried since she knew just why Scarlet had ran away from the shopping mall in the first place.

"I'm hungry." Granny Payne spoke getting the attention of everyone in the living room.

"Scarlet hasn't come back home yet and you're hungry." Andrew spoke while rubbing his forehead in stress. "Please, if you can't worry about Scarlet at least show some respect."

Granny Payne rolled her eyes before slumping in her chair going back to patting the poodle's head.

Lauren stared at her phone, sending another text to Scarlet. Since Scarlet wasn't picking up Lauren's phone calls, Lauren began to text the said girl.

"What if something happened to her?" Laura spoke with her voice shaky and her expression was evidence of her worry. Vanessa soothed her mother by patting her back, "Scar is a brave and strong girl. Nothing bad is gonna happen, okay?"

Laura nodded her head before looking at her lap with her eyes getting teary. Gregory was sitting in his mother, Wanda's, lap with tears already staining his cheeks.

A click was heard and everyone's attention turned towards the entrance of the living room. Scarlet came in with her eyes covered with sunglasses and her hood was over her head. She stared around the room and her eyes lingered longer on a certain blonde before she was tackled to the floor by none other than Gregory.

"Where were yu, Aunty Scar?" He cried as she patted his head with a sigh. She had been in a bar drowning in tears and cheap cola. Since Scarlet wasn't a drinker, cola was the closest beverage to alcohol for her.

"I'm sorry I made you worry." Her voice was cracked and raspy as she spoke looking towards everyone in the living room. Everyone muttered something before going to the dining room. Laura and Lauren stayed behind as well as Andrew, who was glaring at his daughter.

Scarlet sighed and stood up with Gregory still clinging to her. "Hey Greg, why don't you go to your mom?" Gregory shook his head making Scarlet sigh out before she placed herself on her knees to look at the six year old better.

"I won't go anywhere now, okay?" Gregory looked into Scarlet's eyes for a minute before he nodded hesitantly, leaving her to go to the dining room, while still looking back at the 24 year old. 

When Gregory was gone, all hell broke loose as Laura bombarded her daughter with questions and Andrew just stood there nodding his head at every question his wife asked. Lauren stood silently, looking at the three with her own eyes getting teary.

"You, young lady, are so in trouble. You had us worried." Laura spoke while pointing her index finger at her daughter with anger and worry, but mostly anger.

"What she said." Andrew spoke while pointing at his wife.

Scarlet smiled at her parents and nodded frantically. Laura puffed air into her cheeks before walking out of the living room with her feet stomping with every step but stopped at the entrance.

"And come for dinner, now." Scarlet laughed at her mother, who had now left the living room followed closely by her husband. Scarlet was now turned towards Lauren, who was standing there with her watery eyes. Lauren smiled at Scarlet, who without a word spoken, turned around and walked away from her.

Lauren knew that Scarlet was going to probably ignore her now.