Chapter 9

Steve

"Are we gonna follow him or what?" Tony looked at me.

"I guess," I walked to the elevator with Tony following.

We stood in silence as the elevator quickly descended. Then I realized something.

"We don't have disguises!" I looked at Tony in alarm.

His eyes widened before he typed something into his watch. I looked at him in confusion. He responded with a smug smile as a drawer popped out of the elevator wall.

Inside were two wigs and tourist getup.

We slipped on the disguises in the lobby. I looked at Tony to see he had shoulder length black hair tied back in a pony tail.

I was wearing a brown wig. Simple as that.
We walked out the door only to see a certain raven haired youth running around the corner. Towards the Empire State building.

I sure as hell hope he isn't a terrorist.

We sprinted to the car Tony had called to the front of the building and he hopped in the drivers seat.

It took us five minutes to reach the Empire State Building.

We walked in, gazing around like we were on vacation. We absently talked about the architecture and our 'wives'.

I felt my eyebrows raise when I saw Percy was already here. He ran here, how'd he get here that fast?

He walked up to the guy working the front desk and said something to him. The guy didn't look up from what he was doing and must of said the wrong thing to Percy.

The next thing I know Percy slams a gun on the counter and whispers something to the guy. I wanted to confront him but I needed to see how this plays out.

The guy finally looks up and he gulps when he sees my grandson. He pulls out a key that Percy takes happily.

Percy flashes a smile before walking over to the elevator. He presses the call button and waits.

That gave me time to think. Where did his gun go? He doesn't have the telltale bulge of a concealed weapon. He doesn't have a holster either. So where did he put it?

The doors open and Percy steps in. He inserts the key into a slot and turns it before pressing a button. Probably restricted access.

We lingered for twenty minutes, concluding he wasn't coming back anytime soon, when the elevator doors pulled apart to reveal Percy.

He scanned the lobby before his eyes landed on us. He walked straight towards us, keeping his eyes locked on us all the while.

"If you guys want to where a disguise, get something to change how the shape of your face looks." He whispers as he walks past us out the door.

I shrugged at Tony before following him. I scanned the sidewalks before elbowed me.

I glared at him and he nodded towards the car.

Percy was sitting on the hood tossing a pen between his hands.

"Let's go," He pulled open the passenger door and slid in. I looked at Tony only to see his jaw agape.

My grandchild just disabled his security, at least he's good with technology. (If only you knew Steve.)

Guess I'm driving. I pull the keys out of Stark's hand and climb into the drivers seat.