Chapter Four

Annabelle explains everything we know to Dylan. You can tell he's scared. Im starting to feel really tired.   All this in one day! I dont know if i can take it. The only good thing out of this is I learned im going to be having a sister in 2 years, and that is if the apocolypse doesnt happen! Oh i really hope it doesnt! 

"wow, so what do you think we should do now?" Dylan says after Annabelle finishes up her story.

"I honestly need to rest for an hour or two.." I say quickly.

"Well, i honestly we should get to work..." Annabelle then adds.

"Maybe we should rest Annabelle, this is alot for me and Silver to take in you know." Dylan backs me up. 

Annabelle replies, " Alright... im not really tired so im just going to grab some food and give you guys the night." 

"Thank you!" Me and Dylan say at the same time. I blush and then look away. Me and him start finding the bed we would like to sleep in. I see the one he picks and i start to walk away. I dont want to be creepy by laying in a bed too close to him. Even though i want to so bad. 

"Silver!" 

I turn around quickly, "Yeah"

"Can you lay on that bed please. I dont want to be to far from you incase you get in trouble...or something." He blushes this time..

"Right! Good idea!" I smile at him reasuring him. Then lay in the nearest bed to his. This is weird. Trying to fall asleep in my sleep....If im even sleeping. I really have no idea what this is. But i shut my eyes and somehow fell asleep easily, especially knowing Dylan is close to me. 

"Wah!" I mumble as i realize i just fell off my bed on to the floor. I then feel embarassed and hope Dylan is still asleep to not have seen that. I peek from behind my bed to see he is gone. I then get up in panic. I start looking everywhere in the store, but i couldnt find neither Dylan nor Annabelle. "Dylan!...Annabelle!" I scream while searching. Where are they! I run out of the store and into the cafeteria part of the mall. Then i spot them. Eating twinkies from breakfast. What happened to the whole, " i dont want to be far from you" thing? I feel my cheeks get red. Maybe im just over thinking it... I mean he wouldnt try getting at my non existing sister....Would he? No! Thatd be weird. I fake a laugh to myself. I walk over to their table. "Morning." I smile at them.

"Morning, beautiful!" Dylan smiles at me. I return the smile and grab a twinkie. 

"So whats the plan?" I ask them.

"Well, we were thinking we grab some guns from the Arm Guard store then maybe try to capture a zombie... then we can start experimenting from there!"  Annabelle tells me, seeming excited to do this.

"But how are we going to capture it...we cant just hold it with our arms itll kill us!" i reply.

"Yes, we know. At the Arm Guard store they have pepperspray and sleep gas!" Dylan answers me.

"Alright, then lets get to work!" I smile at them. We instantly, get off our bums and start walking to the Arm guard store. It feels so nice knowing that Dylan is here. It makes me feel safer. Even though i probably look like hell since i havent brushed my teeth or hair, Hell!! i havent even looked in a mirror! But oh well, our lives are what matter at this point. As soon as we walk in to the store we start grabbing what we need. We all grab a gun and make sure their filled then we each grab a pepperspray. We start looking for the sleep gas, but no one can find it.

"Well hell! Thats what we needed the most!" Dylan frowns.

"i found some sleeping pills...." I start to read the back of the bottle.. "It says it makes the animal fall asleep instantly and painlessly in a matter of seconds." 

"Well thatll have to do..." Annabelle takes the bottle from me. 

"Perfect, i didnt even know that even existed! But lets cross our fingers itll do!" Dylan smiles at me. 

We then all start to get our materials prepared. I hold the gun ready in one hand and the spray in the other. When we all ready we start to go down the escalater stairs and head out the building. We all walk in to the middle of empty street. Quiet. Like always. 

"Now what?" I ask them. 

"Blood," Annabelle says.

"Not it!" I quickly say.

Annabelle right after me, "Not it!" Dylan makes no expression, he grabs  a pocket knife out of his pocket and holds the blade right up to his vain on his wrist, below his palm and pulls it across his skin. Ow, i look away quickly. I think he was prepared for this. He lets the blood drip on to the floor then bandages it up. We start looking around, waiting for a mob to appear. Then it begins. A group of zombies appear, a smaller group then last time thankfully. They appear so quickly and unnoticeably! its hard to figure out where they come from! They just, appear! But anyways theres only 8 of them i count. "Hurry before theres more!" Dylan shouts. We all start shooting until one is left standing. I feel horrible killing these things especially if we do find a cure. But i guess we have to sacrifice some...Right?                                                    

The last zombie standing is noticeably angry. He starts sprinting at us ready to eat our brains. I take a deep breath at this one. He is scary! His bright blue red shot eyes, ripped clothing, pale skin, covered with black dried blood was pretty horrific. Annabelle and I quickly spray him with the pepperspray as Dylan shoves a bunch of sleeping pills in his mouth. And then we all hold it down. It kicks viggerously. Almost knocking me out with its fists, but then it dies down after a good 30 seconds and we hold him til hes still. "It worked!" We all laugh and high five eachother. "We gotta go now fast!" Dylan pulls him over his shoulder and we start running back in to the mall. We push a bar through the handles of the door to secure them and then head back to the bed store, Luxs. We lay the body on the bed and then we all start to duct tape him... It was the best thing we could find to hold him down.... "I hope we didnt kill him...How much pills did you shove in to him?" i ask Dylan.

"3" 

"oh it looked like more..." i stare at the still zombie. Wow.. creepy. You could tell he was young...maybe 16 or older. I dont know, poor boy. I hope we can fix him. I wonder how he looked normal. Probably, handsome.....Well anyway! I change the awkward subject in my mind..."Whats next?"

"Whats next is we cure him!" Annabelle says positively and happily.

"And how" I say just as positively and happily.

"I have no idea!" She starts off the sentence happily then ends it with a frown...

"Well lets get to thinking before he wakes up then" Dylan says. 

Here comes the hard part. How the hell are we suppose to find a cure? Because plain o' cough syrup aint gonna work for this!