Last Breath

I instantly start screaming. He's too heavy for me to fight back so I can't help, but to just close my eyes and don't even try. I open my eyes because I feel the weight of the zombie pushed off me. I see Dylan tackling the zombie to the ground.

"Shoot him!" Dylan crys. I start searching for my gun. I can't find it, he must of knocked it out of my hand! I start to panic. 

"Dylan, I can't find it!!" 

"Knife!" Dylan screams. I run to the kitchen and grab the sharpesh kitchen knife and throw it to Dylan. I continue looking for my gun. I find it in between two boxes. I then hear a loud painful scream. I try to believe it was the zombie, but I knew that voice from anywhere. I stare at Dylan lying on the ground with the knife jabbed in to him. I scream at the sight. The zombie doesn't notice me. He's openning his mouth about to eat Dylan, but then I start to shoot the zombie.

I shoot him about 10 times with my eyes closed. When I open my eyes, I immediately run over to Dylan. I put my hands on the knife and take a deep breath and then pull it out. I pull out a shirt from my backpack and hold it on his wound. I stare at his face. He's already gone pale. 

"Dylan everything is going to be okay!" I notice i'm crying. 

"There's too much blood." He whispers. 

"No! There has to be something!" 

"Don't cry. It's okay. I'm not afraid." He says lifting his hand up to my face. I stare at him wide eyed and shaking.

"Don't leave me! I can't be here without you, please don't go! I need you." I continue crying, "I love you!" I shout.

He hushes me and from the amount of blood that has been lost I know that this is the end for him. "Don't cry." He repeats. "This is perfect. Silver, Silver Wellwood. The girl who stole my heart. I told you before, that I would die fighting for your love. There is no other way I would have wanted to leave this world then to be here, in your arms and hear you say those words."

I wipe the tears from my eyes and whisper I love him again. He looks at me smiling. "Oh, Dylan." I stutter.

"Can you do something for me?" He says shaking.

"Anything!" 

"Shoot me?" He says gripping my hand tightly.

"It's the only way we're going to make sure I don't come back as one of them."

"But we're going to find the cure!" I stare at him.

"Please, just put me out of my misery." He pleads. I nod knowing what I have to do. I hold up my gun, aiming it for his heart. He nods at me.

"I love you." I tell him once more.

"I love you too." He replies, I then pull the trigger. I then run back by him holding him closely, crying my eyes out.

Anabelle and Barry then come in to the scene.

"Oh no oh no oh no!" Anabelle crys. She then grabs my arms, "We have to get out of here! His blood is going to attract zombies!" 

"I can't leave him here! I can't just let the zombies eat what is left of him!" I say through my tears. Anabelle grabs my shoulders. 

"We need to go." She repeats. I walk out of the small room and Anabelle locks the door with just Dylan inside. "There, no zombie will be able to get in there." 

We all begin to run as far as we can without looking back. When we have gotten far enough I hug Anabelle. We stand there crying. 

"It's all my fault!" I moan.

"No, it's not. It's nobodys fault." She wipes my tears.

"He was a good man." Barry interrupts. "I'm sorry for your loss. I wish it were me rather then him." 

"Don't say that Barry." I hug him too. He hugs me back. 

"Was he your boyfriend?" Barry asks.

"No, he was one of my best friends. I loved him!" I begin to cry again. 

"I was just wondering, didn't mean to make you cry!" He says hugging me.

"How am I suppose to go on without him?" I look back at Anabelle.

"I don't know." She admits, wiping her own tears. "But we have to." 

I then notice it's starting to get dark outside. So I look around me. 

"Pik 'n' Yum!" I shout. Pik 'n' Yum is a grocery store so I instantly start running towards it. "Come on!" I shout from behind me. I open the doors easily by pulling them. When I look around inside, I smell blood. "Do you guys smell that?" I ask. They nod locking up the doors. "Grip your weapons."  We start walking around cautiously. Seems like a nice place. Besides the splats of blood on the floor. 

The mall we were at also had the stains of blood, but the smell wasn't as bad as it was here. Aslong as this place is clear of zombies, it wouldn't be bad for us to stay in for awhile. 

"We searched the whole first and top floor. Everything seems clear." Anabelle tells me.

"But that smell.." I add. "Is there a basement?" 

"I think I did see a door towards the back of here. Come on." Barry says leading the way. He leads us to a big door. Bloody hand prints all over it. 

"How'd we miss this?" I frown.

"I saw it, I just thought we were saving this one for last. Especially because it looks all scary and stuff." Barry replies.

"What do you think is in there?" Anabelle looks at me. 

"I don't know, but whatever it is, it's stinking the whole place up. So, it can't be good!" I sigh. Barry then goes towards the door and opens it. We all grab our noses because of the horrible smell. "Gross!" Barry backs away. "Anyone got a flash light?" 

I go through my backpack and throw my flashlight to him. He clicks it on and we all start to walk down some stairs. We all gasp at the scene. There's just bugs and rotten corpses everywhere. About three zombies pop out at us. We start shooting them down. Once we're sure their dead we look at each other and make sure we're all fine. 

"Do you think that was all of them?" I look around me. I then find a switch on the wall and turn on the lights. Their dim, but it was dim enough for us to see. We examine the whole basement cautiously. "That was it. What do you think this place is?" 

"This must have been where the zombies brung their left overs from the humans." Barry answers.

"Poor people." I whisper. We all then walk back up the stairs and we find some frebreezey, which is just spray which will make the air smell fresh. So we each grab a bottle and start spraying the whole place. When we're done we meet up at the middle of the store. 

"It's gonna be so uncomfortable sleeping here." Anabelle moans. We each take out our single blankets and we all lay next to eachother on the cold floor. 

"Goodnight." I sigh.

"What's good about it?" Barry makes a remark. Then we all try to fall back asleep. I don't fall back asleep because all I can hear is Dylan's painful scream echo through my head. His last words also repeat in my head making it impossible for me to sleep. I don't know if i'll ever be able to sleep again.