Fruit

After i've told them the story about the zombie and how he spoke, i can tell their confused. 

"Maybe you should rest." Dylan says gravely. I start to get a bit upset.

"You said you wouldn't think i'm crazy!" i defend myself.

"I don't think you're crazy..." Dylan says stepping closer to me. I back away.

"Don't." i tell him and start to walk away. Annabelle walks off with me. Mouthing ill talk to her to dylan. I just pretended like i didn't notice because i didn't feel like arguing. "You want to take me to that roof?" 

She smiles, "Yes." 

*******

When we reach the roof, i feel super relaxed. I breathe in the fresh warm air. I realized i haven't been out for awhile, so it was super refreshing. And the view from up here was breath taking. I take a seat on the ground and stare out in to the distance. I see a forest. And beyond the forest is the sun starting to go down. The sky is a beautiful color of pink, blue and gold. 

"Beautiful, huh!" She says gracefully.

"Indeed. I miss them." 

"My parents...oh. I mean our parents." i say kind of randomly, but i realized looking at this sunset how much i really do miss them.

"I wish i got to knew them." she says sadly.

"Their amazing." i reply scooting closer to her and putting my arm around her to reassure her. 

"I hope we can cure these things." She says with hope. 

"We will." 

"And i believe you... about the talking zombie....I know you wouldn't make something like that up...I mean why would you even do that!" She laughs a bit.

"i wonder why he said love...that's so weird! You know?!" 

"Maybe he was in love once."

"Oh! Well i was singing a lullaby to him so maybe he recognized it. Or maybe the song just reminded him of love. I dont know. I just find it weird that he understood what i was saying! That gives me so much hope! I only started singing to calm myself down mostly!"

"So weird..." She repeats. "We should head back down." She stands up and helps me up. I take my last look at the scenery and a deep breath, then start to head back down to the zombie and Dylan. When Dylan sees me runs up to me.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to come off as mean or anything earlier! I believe you." He says staring in to my eyes. It's hard to look away or stay mad at him. So i decide to forgive him this time. I step closer to him and he hugs me. 

"i forgive you." I whisper in to his ear. He just hugs me tighter. I then go find a comfy bed to sleep in and quickly fall asleep.

**********

I rub my eyes and roll off my bed. Stretching my arms and legs. I decide to go check up on the zombie. I find him a couple yards down. I notice from far he looks still asleep. When i get closer i notice his eyes are open. Is he dead from shock or something? No, his chest is moving. I walk in to his sight so he clearly sees me. 

"Hi?" I say nervously. I feel crazy trying to talk to this thing, but he did talk to me yesterday so why not. He just stares at me. "You know, i'm trying to help you. I don't know if you understand me, but i want you know i'm going to save you." 

"Understand." He says nodding. I let out a sigh of relief. I walk closer to him. He keeps his eyes glued on me. "Help." he moans. I start to feel super guilty and notice a few tears streaming down my face. Because i can't promise i can save him, but i really hope i can.